Icicle - Entropy LP (Shogun Audio)

Marketing for this album was planned so much better than for Under The Ice,

that and this album is equal if not better than the previous one, im so fully impressed with you MR FREEZE. !!!

so it appears its getting pressed with a million tunes aside as mentioned above:
http://www.redeyerecords.co.uk/viny...-vinyl-and-includes-free-cd-of-the-full-album

another one I won't but now, nice one D&B labels. Good luck trying to replace the sales to vinyl DJ's with hipsters at home which won't buy an album like this...

it's a tough one to call - balancing the demands of people who want 1 track a side against the outrage of people who don't want to pay £25 for an album against the feelings of people who feel ripped off with a 4-track/2-plate vinyl version of an album.

All I'd say is, i think you'd be surprised at the ratio of DJs who buy 1-track-a-side albums over 'hipsters' who buy whole albums to listen to.

I thought the same tbh, doesn't jump at me like Under The Ice did

:word:

There were so many sick tunes on under the ice and it feels like he's changed his style into a more neuro sound unfortunately which is not to my personal taste.
One of those new tracks even sounds like Calyx & Teebee :(

We have to try not to compare it to the old Icicle or we only see the flaws, just take it for what it is as a stand alone piece of art and get rid of all the expectations from before, then you see this is really good. in my opinion

- - - Updated - - -

else could sit around all day like that bit sounded like noisia and that bit sounded like upbeats or AMIT but that game has no end.

besides track 10, that sucks

Last edited:
so it appears its getting pressed with a million tunes aside as mentioned above:
http://www.redeyerecords.co.uk/viny...-vinyl-and-includes-free-cd-of-the-full-album

another one I won't but now, nice one D&B labels. Good luck trying to replace the sales to vinyl DJ's with hipsters at home which won't buy an album like this...

mate its not a new thing for dance music records to have 2 or more tunes pressed on 1 side. i have loads of golden era jungle records with 2 a side. just be grateful you are still getting all the tunes on wax and learn to adjust to 33rpm. so tired of people moaning about this

else could sit around all day like that bit sounded like noisia and that bit sounded like upbeats or AMIT but that game has no end.

Disagree I don't think any of the other tracks remotely sound like someone specific but Track 9 "Will You Be Mine Ft. Sarah Hezzen" sounds like he was trying to reproduce Calyx & Teebee...

From the preview of Redeye I only like Mechanism. :(

Oh well might grow on me.

mate its not a new thing for dance music records to have 2 or more tunes pressed on 1 side. i have loads of golden era jungle records with 2 a side. just be grateful you are still getting all the tunes on wax and learn to adjust to 33rpm. so tired of people moaning about this

whatever; mark my words, if this trend continues labels like Shogun will ACTUALLY (not just threaten to) stop pressing records and will say 'there is no market for them'...all the while a 12" of INeedU sold out most places I can see

btw this looks to be 2 plates with 4 tunes per side, which is a lot different than just 2

whatever; mark my words, if this trend continues labels like Shogun will ACTUALLY (not just threaten to) stop pressing records and will say 'there is no market for them'...all the while a 12" of INeedU sold out most places I can see

btw this looks to be 2 plates with 4 tunes per side, which is a lot different than just 2

Not to be rude.... but your incessant whining about the state of vinyl and your entitlement to how records should be pressed is quite boring.

Labels are trying to keep the format alive in the most financially viable way they can. Yes, the pressing of 2 or more tracks per side sucks, especially as a DJ. The one track per side, 45rpm thing has been the standard for god knows how long (though as mentioned there are many old school tunes that are pressed at 33rpm too). But as with anything, shit changes. I was a vinyl purist for lord knows how long and refused to change to digital. But then i got sick of missing out on tunes that only came out digitally or missing tunes cos I was skint so moved to Serato and it was the best thing i could've done.

You kinda have to adapt, as shit as it maybe. Labels, on the face of it, aren't catering just to DJ's anymore with how they're pressing up tunes. So you either find a way to get around it or deal with it. Otherwise you'll just continue whining because you feel like you aren't being catered for via a certain format.

Not to be rude.... but your incessant whining about the state of vinyl and your entitlement to how records should be pressed is quite boring.

Labels are trying to keep the format alive in the most financially viable way they can. Yes, the pressing of 2 or more tracks per side sucks, especially as a DJ. The one track per side, 45rpm thing has been the standard for god knows how long (though as mentioned there are many old school tunes that are pressed at 33rpm too). But as with anything, shit changes. I was a vinyl purist for lord knows how long and refused to change to digital. But then i got sick of missing out on tunes that only came out digitally or missing tunes cos I was skint so moved to Serato and it was the best thing i could've done.

You kinda have to adapt, as shit as it maybe. Labels, on the face of it, aren't catering just to DJ's anymore with how they're pressing up tunes. So you either find a way to get around it or deal with it. Otherwise you'll just continue whining because you feel like you aren't being catered for via a certain format.

yeah I know I go on about this shit - it is obviously something that I am very passionate about, and this is one of the few places I can express my opinion. I DO appreciate that the labels are trying to keep selling records, it just frustrates me as I really think this move alienates a lot of the vinyl DJ's without encouraging that many more new vinyl buyers (IMO) to buy them because of having more music pressed per plate. So it all goes backwards, and will just wind up with no pressings sooner (I am not stupid, and know it will eventually come to an end. I just hope I am well over DJing and doing other shit by then).

We are looking into getting some digital only tunes cut to wax in the near future. It's completely backwards with the way things are but fuck it, vinyl is the best way to mix and without it, a large chunk of the fun and culture that we traditionally associated with dnb disappears.

Disagree I don't think any of the other tracks remotely sound like someone specific but Track 9 "Will You Be Mine Ft. Sarah Hezzen" sounds like he was trying to reproduce Calyx & Teebee...

From the preview of Redeye I only like Mechanism. :(

Oh well might grow on me.

Funny you should mention Mechanism as that has June Miller on RAM written all over it. Personally I feel like that's the only really weak tune on there. And I'm with [MENTION=89747]808 Dnb[/MENTION] as I like it even more than Under The Ice so far.

I went to that pop up store down brick lane the other day and quite a few icicle tunes were played. His mixdowns are 2nd to none. I have never heard a snare sound so good one a system.

Back
Top Bottom