Beatport

OneSeventy

VIP Junglist
Beatport already get quite a lot of shit for their terrible marketing with made up sub-sub-sub-genres, but their latest email just proves they haven't got a clue when it comes to dnb.

Here's their top ten dnb tracks for the whole decade since 2004:

http://www.beatport.com/charts/poun...&utm_content=bp_chart&utm_campaign=decade2014

Sure there's a couple of good tunes there but mostly not top 10 shit in anyone's books. They picked Detroit out of all Rockwell's back catalogue? They picked Out The Blue by Sub Focus despite his entire first LP and earlier tunes being eligible? The fact they picked Workout by Andy C and that they even mentioned the Prototypes is laughable.

I would disagree with every top '10 dnb tunes since 2004' list except for my own.

No scratch that, I would probably disagree with my own list too.

How did Pale Blue Dot and Worout get in there lol. Most others are somewhat defendable

tbf who cares about cheese on toast anyway...

What do you guys think about Beatport Pro ? Its ok not as easy to use as the normal site though. See I don't know why they would even want to change it probably the best online music site there is

Beatport may be out of touch with the dnb scene but it is easily one of the best designed and most stable digital stores out there.

^ yep, you click a track, you preview it, there and then. It's simple and it works perfectly.

All the other stores I've seen are seriously slacking, Surus was ok, the rest are a fairly poo. Boomkat, lol, the way they put things over the previews in case someone is gonna rip that audio and play it out? (n)

meatport.com.gif

Beatport may be out of touch with the dnb scene but it is easily one of the best designed and most stable digital stores out there.

^ yep, you click a track, you preview it, there and then. It's simple and it works perfectly.

All the other stores I've seen are seriously slacking, Surus was ok, the rest are a fairly poo. Boomkat, lol, the way they put things over the previews in case someone is gonna rip that audio and play it out? (n)

So what do you think of Beatport Pro ?

I don't like it as much tbh. I hope its not going to be changed to pro permanently because I really do like Beatport the way it is

Nobody specifically said they do. I'll buy from Beatport but only the exclusives they so often have, or if I have a promo code that makes it cheaper than elsewhere. I suspect many people here do the same.

Nobody specifically said they do. I'll buy from Beatport but only the exclusives they so often have, or if I have a promo code that makes it cheaper than elsewhere. I suspect many people here do the same.

It's weird because this thread started as a bit of a hate towards beatport then randomly changed to it being the best site half way through.

Back
Top Bottom