Andy C signs to Atlantic & reveals first single

Beginning (or maybe End) of the end of Andy C and Ram in the D&B scene - fair play a man needs to make his bread and its his choice.

In reality choice between staying in an underground scene all your life or after 25 years moving yourself and your record company away to make 6 figures at a time probably isnt that hard a choice, we all need to retire at some point

in before andy c bash aka #sellout

He sold out over a decade ago.

It's a good time to sign to a major though. Dubstep is dead and Electro is going to get boring for the festival kids in the states. Their drug fueled partying will demand faster, more obnoxious music. Fair play to him. There's no money in "underground" drum and bass.

as throwaway cheese'n'bass goes that heartbeat track is actually not too bad

had to laugh at this tho...

Andy's reputation as one of the most significant British artists in global dance music was clear as far back as 2012

Andy's reputation as one of the best drum & bass artist's/dj was undeniable up untill 2012

As cheese'n'bass goes its not bad. Its actually a decent track.

But all this cheese music is out of control. Its everywhere I cant escape it and the more you enjoy this cheese the more it gets produced.

So I don't like it.

Remember back in the day when Andy C knocked back major label deals for fun saying he'd always stay indie with Ram........

Fair play to him. Something / somebody must have finally broken him down. Now we just wait for the corporate label world to eat him up, spit him out and screw him over.

Fair play to him. Even though I still think he's the most technically brilliant dj in Drum and Bass I'm not really into his selection.

That's exactly what divides people. To watch him play is amazing...... to hear him play not quite the same!

My memories of Andy C will always be around 96-99. He had the technical skills back then and pushed an amazing sound.

Agreed Sam. You end up waiting for the classic teases over the rest of the stuff he plays.

this. I've seen him quite a few times, a lot when I was more into the dancefloor/jump up stuff and he was incredible, then i saw him recently in bristol and was just waiting for all the classic teases

Re: Andy C signs to Atlantic & reveals first single

I'm not really into his selection.

This.

- - - Updated - - -

My memories of Andy C will always be around 96-99.

And this.

I mean he was actually just a tape in the pack, one of the better ones surely alongside Zinc and Randall but the tunes he was involved in..towering landmarks.

Re: Andy C signs to Atlantic & reveals first single

This.

- - - Updated - - -

And this.

I mean he was actually just a tape in the pack, one of the better ones surely alongside Zinc and Randall but the tunes he was involved in..towering landmarks.

That could start an interesting convo! Who was your go to dj in a pack where you hadn't attended the night.

Like you say he was just a tape but it was a tape where you knew the mixing would be on point alongside tune selection (ie. Jack Frost / Bryan Gee / Ray Keith had that selection but mixing ruined the tape sometimes!)

Swift was a beast back then too :D

The Swan E, Darren J and Phantasy tapes were always a suprise because they didn´t seem to follow the anthem bashing of the others.

Back
Top Bottom