Squarepusher

Squarepusher

Hello all my name Tom Jenkinson the one and only Squarepusher, and the master of drill and bass

Lol no jk, new to the forums, found this cool little forums from Tapa while browsing drum and bass tutorials. As you can tell by my username I'm a fan of Tom Jenkinson aka Squarepusher. I'm a fan of all types of music, electronic being my favorite. My two favorite electronic genres are Industrial (traditional industrial, not the EBM nowadays which is also good) and drum and bass. I've been a producer of both for a while and am a fan of old UK jungle to newer drum and bass nowadays and sub genres such as drumstep, drill and bass and whatnot.

Other than that I can't wait to get started here and chat with you all on your favorite dnb artists, nice to meet you all!

All is fair in love and Brostep

Last edited:
I'm a fan of both personally

Anyway... where can I get started here? I can see the different sections here so can someone explain them all and the content of them? Sorry for being a newb

Waffle is the place to go to have a friendly chat and get to know everyone, they are really kind guys

They also love brostep
Yes, they are very, very friendly. They are so friendly you'll feel like you were home. You'll even feel comfortable enough to walk with only your boxers dressed.

And, ohhhh, they looooooove brostep! All those wobbling distorted madness! Those ear blasting harmonics! Yeah, you'll get along very well.

Amen
praying-hands-clip-art-1.jpg

Just random site feedback, so far this is a cool forum and obviously I'm still a newb so I don't know everyone yet, but so far everyone seems to dislike me despite the fact I just asked several questions regarding the drum and bass genre because I thought that's what this forum was about.

Just random site feedback, so far this is a cool forum and obviously I'm still a newb so I don't know everyone yet, but so far everyone seems to dislike me despite the fact I just asked several questions regarding the drum and bass genre because I thought that's what this forum was about.

Welcome to the forum Squarepusher. Very well said - the forum is very cool, you don't know everyone here yet, and so far you may have experienced a hard time. Very well said. This forum and these peeps are cool, but you realize that you haven't interacted with most people here yet. I had a similar experience but because of my passion for Drum and Bass I decided to stick it out. That I believe earns at least a little respect in the long run. It's important to realize were all different. I'm only good at being me. I suck at being someone else. I get that...lol.

Just stick around Squarepusher. Welcome to the forum.

-Shawn

- - - Updated - - -

Oh I almost forgot. Heres some rep for ya! Very well said. Also, remember most of it is just clowning around. Well that's my experience anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Tight music Squarepusher.

Pusher of Squares! There's no dislike or hating here from what I can gather. Truth for me is you ask the advice but don't take it on board ie: after spilling my guts about the history of Jungle and then Drum & Bass and the timeline where they lapsed etc you then asked:

I wish to know the precise musical differences

Had there have been a specific I would have said. I think for you to get on here you need to accept the fuzzy logic around the genre names and just roll with it. To refer to my first post to you:

Spending too much time defining means you spending less time listening & enjoying!

Welcome to the forum. If you have a degree in sarcasm and irony you'll get along just fine in here pal!

Pusher of Squares! There's no dislike or hating here from what I can gather. Truth for me is you ask the advice but don't take it on board ie: after spilling my guts about the history of Jungle and then Drum & Bass and the timeline where they lapsed etc you then asked:

Had there have been a specific I would have said. I think for you to get on here you need to accept the fuzzy logic around the genre names and just roll with it. To refer to my first post to you:

Welcome to the forum. If you have a degree in sarcasm and irony you'll get along just fine in here pal!
Thanks, we know that sarcasm, or any emotion doesn't transfer well over the internet though but thanks anyway

Welcome to the forum Squarepusher. Very well said - the forum is very cool, you don't know everyone here yet, and so far you may have experienced a hard time. Very well said. This forum and these peeps are cool, but you realize that you haven't interacted with most people here yet. I had a similar experience but because of my passion for Drum and Bass I decided to stick it out. That I believe earns at least a little respect in the long run. It's important to realize were all different. I'm only good at being me. I suck at being someone else. I get that...lol.

Just stick around Squarepusher. Welcome to the forum.

-Shawn

- - - Updated - - -

Oh I almost forgot. Heres some rep for ya! Very well said. Also, remember most of it is just clowning around. Well that's my experience anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Tight music Squarepusher.
Thank you, that means a lot, I just felt I might've said something stupid just because I was asking questions, and again, I just wanted to chat about the genre this site is named after, as I said in my first post, I enjoy jungle/drum and bass and most of its sub genres

your negative reception might have something to do with your ridiculous "tagline"

because 1) it doesnt make any sense 2) no one here likes "brostep" 3) it looks fucking stupid

its even more annoying that those people who sign their username/name at the bottom of every post

~Harry3

- - - Updated - - -

if you really want to say that on every post, add it to your signature (top right > settings > edit signature)

Back
Top Bottom