Mefjus - Suicide Bassline - Critical

Don't get me wrong he is a sick producer, out of this world sound design, tight mixdowns, but his tunes just don't gave the vibe for me
All opinion however.
Boom. The vibe is an acquired taste, a lot of producers love him, so i guess you could call his stuff music for producers.

I personally love the guy, and those saying all his tunes sound the same? Id call that havin your own sound.

I basically like every tune he has done with InsideInfo (or Neonlight for that matter).

Bang on. Inside Info collaborations pretty much always seem to work.

ahhh Break? Calyx & Teebee? are fairly loved on here and using mostly the same synth, bass patch and drums just to name a few

Yea I get what you mean - but Breaks back catalogue against Mefjus back cat? There is only 1 clear winner. Break's sound has definitely diversified since his first album - his 2nd showcased stuff that no-one thought Break was capable of, Scanner Dub, Heal Me, Everything Counts. I've yet to see anything like that from Mefjus and that's why I mentioned about people wanting to hear something a little different from the norm - this tune isn't that, where as previously Cypher for example is something a lot different from Mefjus usual style, which went down well with a lot of people.

The thing is some sound you can hear all over again and like it and some you grow tired of very quickly. Yet again, this is up to the personal taste of each and everyone of us. I'm with Binary here, I don't get hardly any kind of groove from the latest Neosignal, Mefjus or Emperor's stuff (bar a few odd tunes here and there) which is why I don't play it nor like it. Tbh Calyx & TeeBee are falling down the same route, they've been rinsing that bassline and mids of theirs for the last 2 years or so, still there's some groove in their music for me. And Break? He's the master of the groove.

The thing is some sound you can hear all over again and like it and some you grow tired of very quickly. Yet again, this is up to the personal taste of each and everyone of us.

Cannot stop agreeing with you today.

Tbh Calyx & TeeBee are falling down the same route, they've been rinsing that bassline and mids of theirs for the last 2 years or so, still there's some groove in their music for me.

Agreed - much preferred their older releases and LP's. I much prefer their DJ sets than their actual releases thinking about it... Outlook 2012 opening night on 6 decks, one of the best sets I've ever seen.

And Break? He's the master of the groove.

:bansplit:

Many hating on this but everyone's gonna hit the DLL button, one way or another.

The "overhyped" word is kind of dangerous on a place like this. Could go viral on the boards...

Let's wait till the LP is out to drop feedback, no?

10606568_10152784911251202_5770229337116616319_n.jpg

Many hating on this but everyone's gonna hit the DLL button, one way or another.

The "overhyped" word is kind of dangerous on a place like this. Could go viral on the boards...

Let's wait till the LP is out to drop feedback, no?
It is a risky one! I go back on myself with my opinions, I like it when people establish a sound of their own. I also like diversity. However I feel like Mefjus has found a sound that many other big producers are also using. The Edge by Iceman could be Mefjus, Operation Ivy by JM could be Mefjus. As far as the 'Mefjus' sound goes - it's not that unique, therefore I think he should try to show some diversity as we know he is a talented man to say the least. Let's just wait and see what the albums like though hey!

Artwork is beautiful!

Music really, *really* isn't for me. Utterly baffled at the response stuff like this gets.

Artwork is beautiful!

Music really, *really* isn't for me. Utterly baffled at the response stuff like this gets.
happens to the best of us, quite often in fact. even for me, a massive mefjus fan. for me, there was only one tune i digged in the joe ford thread, everybody else was upping the other tunes

It is a risky one! I go back on myself with my opinions, I like it when people establish a sound of their own. I also like diversity. However I feel like Mefjus has found a sound that many other big producers are also using. The Edge by Iceman could be Mefjus, Operation Ivy by JM could be Mefjus. As far as the 'Mefjus' sound goes - it's not that unique, therefore I think he should try to show some diversity as we know he is a talented man to say the least. Let's just wait and see what the albums like though hey!

it was vice versa. they go for his style not the other way around

mega facepalm

it was vice versa. they go for his style not the other way around

mega facepalm
So it would be nice if his sound was unachievable is what I'm trying to say. What was that Audio single on Hardware? One of the sides on that has the same sound and I swear that was before any Mefjus?

So it would be nice if his sound was unachievable is what I'm trying to say. What was that Audio single on Hardware? One of the sides on that has the same sound and I swear that was before any Mefjus?

no sound is unachievable

Back
Top Bottom