Mefjus - Suicide Bassline - Critical

Dunno what's going on with that soundcloud link, seems like the track is now missing, not at 10:30 or any other part of the set, wich is weird because I heard it yesterday

Well either way it was definitely not Suicide Bassline... After relistening this youtube clip I'll have to take back what I said, pretty standard neosignal/mefjus fooder.

holy shit people are hard to please, this is definitely better than most of the bland deep stuff thats coming out at the moment

This track is completely overrated.
don't get the hype

My sentiments to a T.

Didn't get the hype over Signalz, Contemporary, Mythos or the Hello World EP. But did start to like Cypher when Hazard started playing it in his sets. And I do like Repentance...... I just wouldn't pick up that EP just for one tune. Fav tune of Mefjus' has to be Far Too Close, and even then, I still haven't made the digital switch.

I also echo what FG said

Fav tune of Mefjus' has to be Far Too Close, and even then, I still haven't made the digital switch.

I also echo what FG said

That Far Too Close/Distantia release was wicked. Huge loss not pressing to 12" That was a Neosignal release if I remember rightly?
Didn't get the hype with the Hello World EP.
Repentence is quality as is Cypher.

Contemporary definitely divided opinion. For me it was something different and I think for a talented DJ its quite a tool if used right and mixed with the right records.

Wow I didn't realise just how much people dislike Mefjus here!

Have to say that Repentance will probably always be my favourite Mefjus tune, but who knows, maybe there could be something greater on the LP. I think I remember him saying something like "I'm trying to get rid of this techy stereotype people have labelled me as", so I'm intrigued.

I think I remember him saying something like "I'm trying to get rid of this techy stereotype people have labelled me as", so I'm intrigued.

Well yea he has a point. You can't regurgitate the same sound over multiple releases and expect people not to want something different.

I basically like every tune he has done with InsideInfo (or Neonlight for that matter). As for his solo stuff, I only really enjoyed his first single as mentioned by you guys already. Anything he has put out after that and especially his releases on Critical are way too overplayed/overhyped as they sound like that Neodigital single with some minor twitches here and there (the only exception might be Dissuade).

meh his stuff is techy but it really doesn't sound the same, at least he doesn't spam the june miller samplepack

the sequenz remix, void main void, disrupted, repentance, contemporary which of these tunes sound similar @_@

I like mefjus but this one doesnt do it for me

repentance however, makes me want to vomit on fat people and fly kick the queen

Well yea he has a point. You can't regurgitate the same sound over multiple releases and expect people not to want something different.

ahhh Break? Calyx & Teebee? are fairly loved on here and using mostly the same synth, bass patch and drums just to name a few

Don't get me wrong he is a sick producer, out of this world sound design, tight mixdowns, but his tunes just don't gave the vibe for me
All opinion however.

Back
Top Bottom