Sometimes... it's so obvious

Wacky whesle woop player! Ultraloop looks interesting, never used reaktor before. Will ultraloop work with reaktor player? I don't know much about reaktor.... For some reason I always though it was NI's try at a DAW.

:: sent from android with tapatalk ::

thats of course important as well, that it sounds nice. but if its not original, then keep working on it, until it sounds nice. dont cop out and use other peoples loops just so you can sound nice, at the price of your originality. because what happens when youre in the studio without pro sample packs with awesome loops from pros? all of a sudden you go from sounding awesome, if a tad generic, to sounding just shit. and that is a terrible revelation, its a harsh blow to the confidence.

if youre dope and original, you can use whatever you like for noise for your compositions, noone will ever hear anything other than your style and sound anyway.

but thats if youre dope. and original. at the same time, and how many of us can make that claim? not me, ill tell you that right now.

agree totally with what you say...

my point was, when I am at a party, I couldn't care how the shit was made... as along as it makes me jump around...

you don't go dining at a 5 star restaurant all the time, sometimes a big mac hits the spot ;)

I don't object to using loops at all... I don't use them myself, but that's just personal taste cause I'm a control freak and I want to be able to alter everything.

There's too much snobbery in music. I bet when mozart was first big, all the bach fans were like 'pffff... this dude has no skill. His can't even write decent counterpoint. Everyone only likes him cause he's got a big orchestra'

agree totally with what you say...

my point was, when I am at a party, I couldn't care how the shit was made... as along as it makes me jump around...

you don't go dining at a 5 star restaurant all the time, sometimes a big mac hits the spot ;)

absolutely, to the listener it makes ZERO difference how it was made. long as it sounds good, the main riff might as well have been bought off itunes. in fact, a eurodisco act called "swedish house mafia" had a seriously big hit (platinum probably) whichs' main hook was a synth lead riff by Vengance, that was bought straight off their webshop, and chucked straight in the song. you dont even have to buy the whole sample pack, you can pick and choose between individual phrases and hits from genre specific categories. im sure youre aware of vengance, they are THE sample pack brand, the top shelf. i feel shitty just using a single hit by them, f.e layering kicks, keeping just the transient, but it happens when im desperate.

however, i think we do not listen to, or "consume", if you will, drum and bass mainly in the club, but rather in our car stereo, headphones biking, or on the hifi at home cooking or drinking with mates, or whatever, point is you dont have to jump up and down in a room full of sweaty people and blinking lights chock full of drugs to like drum and bass. not sure where i was going with this, just a moment

ah no ok wait i remember, this is something i have thought about alot, because our creative process is arduous and long winded to say the least. we have gone pretty far to get a certain sound quality (analog, warm, harmonics, you know, all those words that you dont really know what they mean until you actually worked with the gear and heard the difference yourself, because its really 100% subjective) source all our samples ourself, by sampling old vinyl, recording instruments, synths, through loads of old equipment that weve accumulated through the years, most notably (its notable because i think it sounds awesome, thats the only reason) a revox reel to reel tape machine. if you make stuff on some weak freeware vsti and then resample it red hot onto the tape, it really comes alive. which is time consuming and really quite long, and on top of that, there isnt any guarante that the song comes out good or even "ok".

but the listener doesnt know that, all that matters is if the song is good or not. thats it. no amount of vintage unique zen gear from the middle ages or rigorous work ethic can change that. so then the question arises, for whom is it you ultimately create art for? what is the purpose? why do you write music. ive come to the conclusion i write songs because i have to, i do it to express something i cant in any other way, and 99% of my music has never been heard by anyone else, and the day i start writing songs to sell mp3s and top some fucking EDM chart on itunes or beatport is the day i really need someone to smash up my equipment and push me into a lake.

yeah, bit long. i know. i thought a bumblebee had gone up me. hey why dont you join our remix compo? the following compo will feature a real prize, and its only the contestants of this one that can enter. maybe, not sure how to do it really,but the ones that participate now should get some kind of advantage imo. maybe start them off on +1 votes? or maybe thats weird

Back
Top Bottom