CDJ & Traktor problem

Sicx

VIP Junglist
As a few of you know I upgraded to CDJ's from turntables about 4 months or so ago, and im running them with Traktor.

The problem im having though is that one CDJ wont reverse when plugged up to traktor, ive tried it without having traktor plugged in at all and mixed with just CD's and its fine, no problems at all, can rewind the entire tune. But once traktor is plugged back in, nothing. Nudge the jog wheel in the revese direction and it nudges it forward instead. Ive put up with this for a while but its really starting to annoy me now.
Any one got and ideas or theories as to what it could be? Any help appreciated as i can only get to the start of the tune by using the hotkeys on the laptop which is inconvenient

what CDJs are you using?
are you using timecode/HID?
is everything plugged correctly?
Pioneer 800 mk1.
Timecode.
As far as i know it is, it worked fine with turntables and i just switched them round

Re: CDJ & Traktor problem

Might be a dodgy CD, or is it only on one CDJ?

- - - Updated - - -

What does the signal look like if you turn on the Scope deck option? Does it mention an error?

Re: CDJ & Traktor problem

Might be a dodgy CD, or is it only on one CDJ?

- - - Updated - - -

What does the signal look like if you turn on the Scope deck option? Does it mention an error?
Yeah only one, nd youre probably right, the phono port is abit temperamental and it sometimes looses connection so I imagine thats probably why.

Just weird how it works fine when traktor's not plugged in?

Dunno, when I was using traktor with CDJs I found it really unreliable, had to have the scope option on as the CDs would just spaz out frequently, also kept having to turn my mates CDJ1000 on and off to get it to read the CDs. On all occasions the decks would read normal CDs absolutely fine. Traktor with turntables tho.. so good

Make sure the RCAs aren't in reverse and make sure that deck isn't set to 'phono' or 'control vinyl' mode or whatever it's called in Traktor.

this is deffo an RCA/Calibration problem. Just make sure after unplugging anything to re-calibrate, even if its the same cables.

Ok so there's a few things that could be causing this.

1. Have you amended your audio 10/6 from Phono to Digital? To do this you need to open the Hardware settings from within the settings menu on Traktor and you'll see the options to choose either phono or digital.

2. Have you calibrated the decks since swapping from vinyl to cd? To do this make sure the signal indicator is visible and click on the calibrate button (whilst a tune is playing) let the bar go all the way to the top and it should then change from a greyed out signal indicator to a nice bright yellow one...

3. How does the signal look? Is it a full circle or a wierd out of shape oblong type thing... If it's the oblong thing then you may have faulty RCA connection and you really want to hope it's the cable and not on your Audio 6/10.

Thanks for the replies guys, I've tested out basically everything you've all said including countless plug in/plug outs and the problem still persists. I think im just going to have to live with it, will reply if i find an answer

Back
Top Bottom