S.P.Y "Dusty Fingers" Remix Competition via SoundCloud

Wow, doubt I can improve on anything from Mr SPY but will have a go. Cheers for the heads up

Check the prize before slaving away at this, more of a marketing stunt than talent scouting imo.

If there was a Back to Basics remix album, then maybe it'd be a good idea to give it a go, but since it seems like there might not be judging by the prize, it's better to make one just for fun.

I saw it too on my page
Even though its more a marketing stunt, still, playtime with SPY stems? Yes please
Yep my thoughts.
For an aspiring producer exposure on the Hospital Records site (maybe even the podcast) would be great

What key is the song in? Anyone knows?
Thx

Repeat the first note of the bass. Play a note on a vst of your liking. Play a note. Listen if its the same note. No? Pick another note.
Or use a tuner or something like SPAN

It's really note that hard to figure out bpm and key guys...

Repeat the first note of the bass. Play a note on a vst of your liking. Play a note. Listen if its the same note. No? Pick another note.
Or use a tuner or something like SPAN

It's really note that hard to figure out bpm and key guys...

Should be F# minor, then

Re: S.P.Y "Dusty Fingers" Remix Competition via SoundCloud

"If you'd like to submit an entry for the S.P.Y remix competition please follow the steps below.

1. Download the stems

2. Create your remix

3. Submit your remix to the competition group here: soundcloud.com/groups/s-p-y-dusty-fingers-remix-competition-with-hospital-records (don't forget to check out our T&Cs before you do!) between 1st November and 1st December 2014.

4. Once your track has been dropped into the group anyone can listen and vote for your track by favouriting it.

5. Ten tracks will be submitted to the final stage.

6. One track will be selected from the final top ten by Hospital Records A&R and S.P.Y

Submissions Period: 1st November - 1st December

Judging Period: 1st December - 20th December

Prize

1st place: Vinyl of Chapters 1 & 2 of Back To Basics, Upload of the remix to the Hospital Records SoundCloud account, £50 credit on the Hospital Shop

2nd & 3rd place: CDs of Chapters 1 & 2 of Back To Basics"

- - - Updated - - -

and here's part 2

"T&Cs

1. Download the remix parts from 5th September – 1st December 2014. You can download the files here

2. Submit your remix to this competitions group at SoundCloud.com. File submission is subject to SoundCloud.com terms. Submitting a track signals agreement with these terms and conditions. Please don’t enable file download and make sure track is public. Tracks which don’t follow these simple rules will be disqualified without noticing.

3. The submission phase begin November 1st 2014 and ends on December 1st 2014 23:59:59 GMT +1 (Central European Time).

4. The Judging phase starts on December 1st 2014 and ends on December 20th. However winners can be announced anytime.

5. The winners will all be chosen by artist (S.P.Y) and label (Hospital Records) themselves. Winners will be posted on hospitalrecords.com/spydnb.com as well as various publications.

6. Any submissions using a sample that is ‘uncleared’ will be disqualified. The definition of an ‘uncleared’ sample is a loop, sample or musical work, that you do not own the copyright for (ie: you didn’t create it). You are free to use sounds that were created by you and/or royalty free loops. The submitting party bears all responsibility for their use of any ‘uncleared’ content.

7. In consideration of the label agreeing to consider entrants to the Competition, each entrant hereby assigns to the label a perpetual, royalty-free, exclusive, sub-licensable right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, play, and exercise all copyright and publicity rights with respect to your entry worldwide and/or to incorporate your entry in other works in any media now known or later developed for the full term of any rights that may exist in your entry. Prior to any release, winner will be required to sign a remix agreement and liability release and, where permitted, a publicity release.

8. All trademarks and logos are protected. All rights of the producer and the owner of the recorded work are reserved. Unauthorised copying, hiring, renting, public performance and broadcasting of the remix parts or resulting records or remixes or is prohibited.

9. Your submission of a remix in this contest constitutes your agreement to these Rules.

10. The competition is not open to employees or agencies of the artist or label.

11. Information on winners can be obtained by contacting the label at info@hospitalrecords.com

12. Upon request entrant will supply a stereo, 24 bit, WAV master file.

13. None of the organisers or sponsors of this event, including but not limited to S.P.Y and the label shall accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, liability, injury or upset caused to or suffered by you as a result of entering the competition or winning any prize. They further accept no liability for any damage caused to any person’s computer or other electronic device relating to or resulting from downloading any materials, including so called computer viruses, in connection with this competition."

The submission limit date moved to 7th of November i think . Get your remixed done by then . Mine is almost done :) I ll post it today

I was a bit pissed that they decided to move the deadline forward a month as I'd planned to have a go during November while I had more time. Rules are rules and the deadline should have remained as December. I'm currently rushing to put together something by the end of the week and almost there.

Back
Top Bottom