Mackie mr8's low end issues.

IMPULSVDNB

Please help!
I've got a pair of Mackie MR8 studio monitors, but there not picking the low end bass. The low pass settings on the back are turned right up. I have a bassline and the lowest note at about 40hz isnt being picked up. I even have a pair of yamaha PAS which pick up more low end then my mackies..
im worried its the mackies that are fucked. does anyone else have mackie mr8s? Could it be an issue with the room setup/insufficient dynamic control? I wouldnt think itd make such a dramatic difference.
HELLP

Freq. Range (–10dB): 50Hz–21kHz
Freq. Response (–3dB): 70Hz–20kHz

probably should have done your research.

because your yamaha's probably have larger woofers and struggle less to re-produce -50hz frequencies.

50hz response is still generally ample.

didn't mean to come off as sassy... but if you needed frequency response below 50hz, you should've checked the specs when you bought them.

If you haven't tried already then play something with 40 hz sub and move around the room. If the sub appears to get louder and quieter then it's a room thing. I had a pair of those in a small untreated room and it was a bit pointless tbh.

Ahh ok. haha yehhh I got the pair for the price of one so I just jumped on it.
I'm pretty naive with tecky biz. Thats when this forum comes to my aid. Cheers for the advice mate.

- - - Updated - - -

ahhh cool man, yehh the rooms small and untreated. I will have a play, cheers!

Ahh ok. haha yehhh I got the pair for the price of one so I just jumped on it.
I'm pretty naive with tecky biz. Thats when this forum comes to my aid. Cheers for the advice mate.

Back
Top Bottom