Xone filters and EQuing.

Yeah that's what I meant mate. I rarely boost anything unless it's an old tune that is lacking high or low frequency content in comparison with a tune that's currently playing.

Im having a lot of fun with the 92. Its really made me appreciate mixing again. I was going a bit stale after a while due to lack of gigs etc but now I realise its not about that.

Im having a lot of fun with the 92. Its really made me appreciate mixing again. I was going a bit stale after a while due to lack of gigs etc but now I realise its not about that.

Exactly how I felt, made mixing twice as fun! I haven't even played out since I got my 92 but have just had loads of fun mixing at home.
Also not looking forward to the first gig where I can't use the filters.....

(y)

Playing out is fun for so long, especially recently, competing with all and his brother who bought the fisherprice DJ set and is now playing in a club.

Anyway back on topic...

Filter mixing is great but from experience it makes people extremely lazy.
Sam the man has touched on a few points which I agree with. Generally mixing two records and having both treble EQ's at 12 o clock makes everything sound very harsh.

Its good to find a good balance between Eqing and filters. Yes the filters take a lot of Eqing out of the equation. But it is possible to make the blend/mix whatever sound cleaner with the odd tweak here or there to the mids and highs.

Filter mixing on 3 decks just sounds like a Guinness truck just ran over my face. Fair play [MENTION=26766]RUSSLA[/MENTION] [MENTION=75154]dj_merlin[/MENTION] I would have hung myself even thinking about it.

Its good to find a good balance between Eqing and filters. Yes the filters take a lot of Eqing out of the equation. But it is possible to make the blend/mix whatever sound cleaner with the odd tweak here or there to the mids and highs.

I forgot to mention, you don't need to touch the EQ at all using the filter if you don't want, just bring the fader down a touch on the outgoing tune. Ovs this means you can't switch back using the filter but meh, for quick mixing it save faffing about with Highs and Mids.

Annnnnnd anyways, when playing on a decent rig all this EQ bull doesn't really facking matter, top end at 90db all sounds a blur!

Annnnnnd anyways, when playing on a decent rig all this EQ bull doesn't really facking matter, top end at 90db all sounds a blur!

Bang on.

My one real experience of mixing on a decent system at cable - mixed The Code SKC remix with Kingdom - high pass filter on the code to remove the highs, all EQ's at 12 o clock - bosh.

Completely different playing to a load of gurners, recording is a slightly different animal and personally think EQing well pays off.

Yeah was guna say that certainly doesn't apply to low level recordings where every detail can be heard.. It's funny I say all this cos when I play out I'm constantly tweaking the mids and tops haha! I just know you really don't need to if you can't be arsed.

Did you mean low or highpass? Cos Lowpass removes highs, and vise versa. Don't wana be confusing any noobs like [MENTION=30570]hyperd4eva[/MENTION] now do we haha

Yeah was guna say that certainly doesn't apply to low level recordings where every detail can be heard.. It's funny I say all this cos when I play out I'm constantly tweaking the mids and tops haha! I just know you really don't need to if you can't be arsed.

Did you mean low or highpass? Cos Lowpass removes highs, and vise versa. Don't wana be confusing any noobs like @hyperd4eva now do we haha

:fonz2:

Did you mean low or highpass? Cos Lowpass removes highs, and vise versa. Don't wana be confusing any noobs like [MENTION=30570]hyperd4eva[/MENTION] now do we haha

High Pass.

Depending on how "wet" you have the filter it takes out a little of the highs too. Obviously does need a tweak here and there though, but you can be lazy when playing out on a big system.

Hmm im not sure about that dude, if anything adding resonance to a highpass will boost lows, the tops won't be affected.

- - - Updated - - -

Dunno if this has been posted before but some deece tips in there:

http://www.djtechtools.com/2011/12/07/filter-vs-eq-which-when-why/

Hmm im not sure about that dude, if anything adding resonance to a highpass will boost lows, the tops won't be affected.

- - - Updated - - -

Dunno if this has been posted before but some deece tips in there:

http://www.djtechtools.com/2011/12/07/filter-vs-eq-which-when-why/

Will check.

I don't really dig the low pass filter unless I am switching to something and am trying to change the vibe...

Seen as your the man - wtf is with the band pass filter on the xone 42 - I don't have any use for it whatsoever...

Ah yeh the lowpass is shite for dnb really, moreso i've never really used it as I have a 62.

Oh bandpass just means that it will only allow a 'band' of frequencies to 'pass'. Basically means it kills the lows and highs and sweeps between 100hz and whatever the top is.

I always press the highpass and bandpass together when using filters, i hate how much low is cut with just a high pass, you might as well just cut the other tune imo as who wants to hear just high end coming through.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually coming to think of it i'm being a retard. You can use just the highpass and tweak where the filter sits if you want more lows but i've found it much simpler to use Band and High and just switch the filter up to the 12 oclock position everytime.

Back
Top Bottom