MF - LP Vinyl Giveaway

nah i only sent 2 copies mate... sorry PT if ya want ill get one to him... nah its some old reinforced stuff i had lying around after selling all my other vinyl and decks it was just useless to me. thought id throw it in as a bonus :D

HELLO.

So me and Grits are sat here drinking belgian beer, listening in to the album. Were on the last tune of side A right now, and were both pretty goddamn impressed. This is some real nice stuff buddy. Boards of canada comes to mind, and that, my dear friends, is quite the fucking accomplishment. Ron, youre working in ableton, right? And do you speak in a thick scottish accent? you do, dont you, you motherf$#ker. Do you rock haggis and chutney. Point is, this is fucking nice man. I wanted to do something like Tomorrows Harvest myself, but really couldnt, its... too difficult. For me, in a nutshell, is why that never happened. But this, first of all is very relaxed and downtempo, whilst at the same time being drum and bass, and Grits specially noticed the musicality of it all. Awesome musicality.

We have now flipped the platter to side B, and its starts off with that future garage organ synth and a lovely vocal edit. This wont be a song for song review, and you need an E, well so do i buddy. So do we all. Are you from glasgow and do you stab people in the face in broad daylight.
Side B is darker, no? Goddamn it is.

Eastern Promise Audio stickers are on backorder, and we might have to redesign the logo a little, but its coming. In the meantime ill send some i got laying around the house. But with side As musicality in mind, and the quality of it all, and the concept and all, if you have anything you think would fit Eastern Promise Audio, we would be very open to listen to anything you got to send. Oh, now were on "Mind Array" (or possibly "Equal") and its a fine composition indeed. Early Aphex Twin and other things from the 90s come to mind.

Alls in all, side A is dope man, really nice with it, and the end of side B too. Top stuff buddy!

Hey mate,

Pleasantly surprised with your album. At first I thought ´ah, nice free record´, but now I seriously consider this is a very special addition to my rich collection. The ambiance is very mysterious, dark, pleasant and original, with some clearly very worthwhile influences. It is one of those ´late night music´ records and trust me that is a compliment, I think they are hard to find and plus worth treasuring. For the rest I totally concurred with Karl on his review (apart from the silly bits of course although I made them up with him) and we really would like to hear if you could have some suitable stuff for our little label. Big ups!

HELLO.

So me and Grits are sat here drinking belgian beer, listening in to the album. Were on the last tune of side A right now, and were both pretty goddamn impressed. This is some real nice stuff buddy. Boards of canada comes to mind, and that, my dear friends, is quite the fucking accomplishment. Ron, youre working in ableton, right? And do you speak in a thick scottish accent? you do, dont you, you motherf$#ker. Do you rock haggis and chutney. Point is, this is fucking nice man. I wanted to do something like Tomorrows Harvest myself, but really couldnt, its... too difficult. For me, in a nutshell, is why that never happened. But this, first of all is very relaxed and downtempo, whilst at the same time being drum and bass, and Grits specially noticed the musicality of it all. Awesome musicality.

We have now flipped the platter to side B, and its starts off with that future garage organ synth and a lovely vocal edit. This wont be a song for song review, and you need an E, well so do i buddy. So do we all. Are you from glasgow and do you stab people in the face in broad daylight.
Side B is darker, no? Goddamn it is.

Eastern Promise Audio stickers are on backorder, and we might have to redesign the logo a little, but its coming. In the meantime ill send some i got laying around the house. But with side As musicality in mind, and the quality of it all, and the concept and all, if you have anything you think would fit Eastern Promise Audio, we would be very open to listen to anything you got to send. Oh, now were on "Mind Array" (or possibly "Equal") and its a fine composition indeed. Early Aphex Twin and other things from the 90s come to mind.

Alls in all, side A is dope man, really nice with it, and the end of side B too. Top stuff buddy!

This was made on polish lager and vallium so your in the right environment... And yes my productions have been likened to BOC every time i get feedback they really are my main inspiration for making music the first time i heard them i was blown away and thought what if i could do something like that but with a drum and bass edge. And that shall remain my main inspiration for music ill always be pad orientated and although i want to up the bpm next year i bet there will still be a hint of their greatness in any work i produce. You do know BOC are Scottish too hailing from Edinburgh. I live closer to Edinburgh than Glasgow and no never stabby in broad daylight thats just silly.

Regarding you trying to do something like this im in the process now having been inspired by your music and the label in general to come up with some duuurty breaks and not really hitting it yet but ill persevere since you and Grits have shown obvious real intrest (of which i feel much privilege) in the music. Yes i do use ableton and now ive got my hands on protools (albeit LE8) im learning a lot more about mastering.

Thanks for the review Karl hope you pull this one out again and chill in whatever state of mind your in top stuff mate.

Hey mate,

Pleasantly surprised with your album. At first I thought ´ah, nice free record´, but now I seriously consider this is a very special addition to my rich collection. The ambiance is very mysterious, dark, pleasant and original, with some clearly very worthwhile influences. It is one of those ´late night music´ records and trust me that is a compliment, I think they are hard to find and plus worth treasuring. For the rest I totally concurred with Karl on his review (apart from the silly bits of course although I made them up with him) and we really would like to hear if you could have some suitable stuff for our little label. Big ups!

That really is what i was aiming for when producing this a late night LP to put on thats a little different but has some obvious influences that people who really know music can relate too.

I will definatly be doing a lot of 170 stuff over the coming months for future releases and as said before ive been trying to figure out you guys style of breaks... so if i feel anything i have made either on my own or with my own circle of producer mates fits your label ill fire you guys some demos.

Heres a sneak peak into the next project ive been working on not fitting your label but again you can see the obvious influence. This is unfinished but expect more plates and ill send you guys free copies on release.

Thanks for the feedback Grits and thanks for the offer of intrest i will defo be keeping that in mind as i would love to be part of the label.

Finally sat down after looking forward to listening to this when it dropped on the door mat earlier in the week. First impressions loving the album art looks quality and intriguing within my collection.

I have not written comments on every song, not because I didn't like them but I didn't want to overkill and the ones I did as you will see below were more to do with the emotions felt.

Starting on the A side I felt the album started well with some nice samples and definitely something that I wanted to hear more of in terms of not taking the plate off the turntables and keeping it spinning (not just because of the review) moving in the MF I found it dark sounding and the samples picked out specifically work well with this song. I felt that After Dark took you through a journey, pretty much as soon as it started I closed my eyes and felt like I was exploring a cave which felt great.

Flipping the plate straight in to I need an E which really had that feel of middle of the night right in the throws of the dance, sound having taken a hold, dark, secret but has now become a part of you. Sounds made me want to rock with the almost sea like effect but at the same time you could dance to it in a 60's hippy kind of way. Mind array was a nice way to end although it did not leave my mind in any sort of array, much like the album it took me deep in to an exploration.

All in all very please to have this in my collection and as has been said before it feels like a late night, or getting home from the dance kind of album to put on as the group starts to wind down, albeit in a very good way. Thank you very much for sharing it and I look forward to hearing more in the future, especially excited to hear what you do at 170 given that is more my usual listening style although I will be pulling this out now and playing to friends.

Nice one mate. The artwork is good huh i love it.

No problem about the detailed track by track review as yeah i know some songs arent suited but thats my first lesson here. Yeah theres a lot of reverb added to that version the original version... https://99percent.bandcamp.com/track/after-dark-originally-uambient was a lot cleaner but i liked the cave feel of with the heavy reverb so we went with that one.

yeah i need an e is sitting at 90 bpm so could almost be thrown in to a mix at some point if thought out carefully i think its the only track that ever could be played out?

Anyway thanks for the feedback and glad you enjoyed it.

Nice one mate. The artwork is good huh i love it.

No problem about the detailed track by track review as yeah i know some songs arent suited but thats my first lesson here. Yeah theres a lot of reverb added to that version the original version... https://99percent.bandcamp.com/track/after-dark-originally-uambient was a lot cleaner but i liked the cave feel of with the heavy reverb so we went with that one.

yeah i need an e is sitting at 90 bpm so could almost be thrown in to a mix at some point if thought out carefully i think its the only track that ever could be played out?

Anyway thanks for the feedback and glad you enjoyed it.

Personally I wouldn't want you to move away from the Cave feel as I loved that and it really took me on an adventure! I just felt on some of the tracks I could not add anything of substance although there was not one track I disliked on the album. Thank you for sending it over to me very much enjoyed it.

Personally I wouldn't want you to move away from the Cave feel as I loved that and it really took me on an adventure! I just felt on some of the tracks I could not add anything of substance although there was not one track I disliked on the album. Thank you for sending it over to me very much enjoyed it.

yes i think i know the track your referring too it wasnt meant to be there that was a mistake another one well learnt.

Back
Top Bottom