Get some snacks

Basswhore

I have to say I really like the smileys on this board. I used to be on some pretty whacky forums but this one has the best smileys Ive seen ever. Um... I got recommended to post here by DNB4DCROWD

Im Basswhore. Pretty surprised I got that username its taken everytime. Ima post my all vinyl mix from 2005. I heard it today for the first time in a few years and its way sloppier than I remember and then I remembered those nightmare turntables :finger2: You know when you have to cradle the bpm like a wee-infant to cleanly beatmatch which you cant focus on blending or anything and trainwreck? So theres some sweeping going on. Besides that my friend doing the audio recording didnt set it right giving me hella treble. But its pretty fun to listen to those days remembering how crazy being a kid was.

Back then I couldnt afford all the vinyls I wanted. I also did a lotta lotta lotta pychadelys bck then and I got very ill. I went to rehab and some hosptial holds. I quit partying, and djing, and even listening to most music alltogether. As the years went by I would listen to my old Jungle tapes. I had a whole stock pile of em. Tons of disks and old cassettes. Then Youtube started popping up with all the good tunes I used to love hearing in my fav djs sets. I learned about the producers I always loved, and found rare stuff I never found before on Youtube. I sold my tables in 2006. Those cheap ass plastic bulky Numark TT220's or w/e. When I sold them I thought I would never dj again.

One day I came across a vinyl I liked and the price was like $2. I think it was a Dillinja LP and I didnt understand. When I used to buy vinyls a Dillinja LP cost $100. :dynamite: So I started reading up on discogs alot and found out all those LPs I used to want so much back in the day were like $1 or $2 now! I started making a list of so many LPs, EPs, singles, etc. I made a list of literally 1,000's of albums. There were so many I couldnt think of a way I could afford this much vinyls. I decided maybe one day down the long road and forgot about the list. I got somewhat obsessed and intrigued with vinyl collecting also at that time. I looked up tons of resources online of anything I could find about vinyl collecting. And then I came across Carl Cox's Documentary and "Summer of Rave". I never knew Techno music came from Detroit. I was listening to alot of dnb music like posting on social media.

Its about this time that the guy I had been dating for 2 years admitted to me he was playing me pretty much the last 2 years, of our whole 2 years, and the whole entire fucking time pretended that he was this completely lyoal and just another person who I didnt even know. It literally ripped my heart from right out of my throat. At the time I was playing around alot with creating chopped and screwed music on Fruity Loop type of programs. Playing around with Virtual Dj and stuff like that I eventually came across a video of someone mixing their gabber set with a DJ controller. :lickface: The idea hit me like a crowbar to the face I knew exactly what to do. I got the list of vinyls I made a few months ago. I started downloading mp3 after mp3 (just learned the difference in WAVs and AIFFs yesterday.) Currently I have 7 days straight worth of music without hearing the same song twice. By October or November I will afford a decent priced controller. I just threw myself back into mixing because it hurt so much what he did to me. Iits still really really recent what happen and Im still working my way through it which is part of the reason I joined a few music forums. I have a dream set I never believed Id have the opportunity to play, lined up, and ready to mix. Here is the old mix I mentioned earlier just please done judge me soley on the tempo because like I said the tables wouldnt hold a steady bpm and the poor quality of the recording we had but my style is a little smashing although I think those tunes are way played out and boring almost a decade ago later. I was really into djing back then with my crew and loved Nuero/teche/jump. Im a female dj in Los Angeles and Id love to play somewhere even for free like I used to do and always wanted to dj for underground desert&forest parties.

Side A

Side B

Im not dj skillez but I dont wana put my real name cuz I dont wana get jacked. Back then the tracks were still fresh but seem pretty blan by todays standards. Also Im gona upload something I made this morning in the dj mix section right now. If anyone even checks it out.

fa6c3838a655c4b06a606373c6f1d200f9e331cf6498a1dfaf07bcf2a42005c0.jpg

also

:welcome:

That's about as good as it gets when it comes to an introduction. Nice to meet you.

Good mixes by the way! You own the 6ixth Session, right? Great taste in music also.

lol, reminds me of a dogsonacid post. you seem...interesting.

checking the mix out, not bad actually.

Welcome! Very long post for an intro but... feel free to post your mixes here, anytime!

On a side note, you said you were invited by DNB4Dcrowd to post here, which implies that you two know each other (or at least talked in the past). Yet, the guy himself post in this very thread saying "Nice to meet you.", which implies that actually you don't know each other. Very suspicious, I must say. It's almost a paradox. You know each other, but you don't know each other. Perhaps you two are on different dimensions and somehow managed to talk, yet to our own dimension you never met? Well, fuck. My head hurts now.

Welcome! Very long post for an intro but... feel free to post your mixes here, anytime!

On a side note, you said you were invited by DNB4Dcrowd to post here, which implies that you two know each other (or at least talked in the past). Yet, the guy himself post in this very thread saying "Nice to meet you.", which implies that actually you don't know each other. Very suspicious, I must say. It's almost a paradox. You know each other, but you don't know each other. Perhaps you two are on different dimensions and somehow managed to talk, yet to our own dimension you never met? Well, fuck. My head hurts now.

On a different thread, I simply pointed her in this direction when I noticed she hadn't done an introduction yet. I told her it's possible she would find more welcomes here once she does an intro.

If your reading this and your not part of a circle jerk... please, welcome this Drum and Bass loving female and don't be scared.

Last edited:
On a different thread, I simply pointed her in this direction when I noticed she hadn't done an introduction yet. I told her it's possible she would find more welcomes here once she does an intro.

If your reading this and your not part of a circle jerk... please, welcome this Drum and Bass loving female and don't be scared.

I dunno if you noticed, but I started my post with some warm welcomes, as I normally do with new people here.

Lol, ya ya dont hurt your head now what I meant was he just suggested I post here... The intro was sort of a vent for me, Im going through kind of stressful times in my life right now so music is what Im holding onto for sanity and definitely giving me everything to look forward to.

O Dieselboy 6th Sessions? He made it popular to raise bpms to 80, used to really grate on my nerves cuz I was really loving the liquid, nuero, teche stuff which has a slow and euphoric ambiance with a bit of drive. I was on so much substances though at that time in my life, omg. Moderation, moderation, is all I have to say about that.. Ive pretty been much sober 'cept for weed n a shot here and there the last almost 10 years and I smoke a really small amount of weed only a puff or two. Ghost ripps. No dabbs tho.

Well, thanks for the welcome. I was nervous last night cuz I realized I put myself out there maybe and obviously this is just a forum but I still somehow cared if you guys made fun of my mix. Its aight. SO blan these days with jungle having morphed into alot more soul and dance floor power bass. Ill make sure to hear your mixes if you got em, Im l@@kn thru your threadz :razz:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom