Interval - Remember Me

Mackenzie

Sup m8s,

My second attempt at something DnB, my first got some great feedback on here (positive and negative) which drove me to get back in front of the DAW.

This is a remix of Anandel - Remember Me which I heard in the credits of a video game. Instrumentation was awesome but the vocal turned out to be a bitch to chop up since piano, guitar and other strings were smudged across the audio. (The vocal is all I took from the original)

So here's the track. Any feedback appreciated.

Last edited:
Good effort, definitely got a vibe going on

Mixdown sounds a bit muddy imo

Nice switch thats just started coming in, really nice vibe and chord progression here

I thought the second drop was a bit lacklustre as it came in personally, didnt have much impact
Really liking the amens that you brought in, but the with just the kick and snare that came in it sounded quite cheap (3:21ish)

Really like the vibe mate, the stuff you have in there is really kool!

Good effort, definitely got a vibe going on

Mixdown sounds a bit muddy imo

Nice switch thats just started coming in, really nice vibe and chord progression here

I thought the second drop was a bit lacklustre as it came in personally, didnt have much impact
Really liking the amens that you brought in, but the with just the kick and snare that came in it sounded quite cheap (3:21ish)

Really like the vibe mate, the stuff you have in there is really kool!

Thanks for the feedback man!

I agree it sounds muddy.... I dont think all the layers sit correctly, and when I have so many with the strings and other stuff going on.. it's tough to pin point where the problem is. The vocal also brings in a bunch of frequency across the board which I tried to EQ out but it would become very odd sounding. I tried some vocal 'isolators' but they are really just shit.

Loved chopping up the breaks and going to do more of that..

Good note on the drop, I was getting pretty tired and seeing DAW grid.. patience is important I guess.

Any tips on EQing string instruments? I felt like they were always clashing and it ended up in dB battle which mushed up the mix I think. Using Kontakt Scoring Strings and EW Symphonic.

Cheers!

Sounds like late 90´s or early 00´s dnb to me. I really like the track, emotions that this one provokes are rather nostalgic/sad but music all about the emotions, right? Ye mix needs some more work as Zeal pointed out, but it´s totally suitable for chilled out listening. Big ups!

Thanks for the feedback man!

I agree it sounds muddy.... I dont think all the layers sit correctly, and when I have so many with the strings and other stuff going on.. it's tough to pin point where the problem is. The vocal also brings in a bunch of frequency across the board which I tried to EQ out but it would become very odd sounding. I tried some vocal 'isolators' but they are really just shit.

Loved chopping up the breaks and going to do more of that..

Good note on the drop, I was getting pretty tired and seeing DAW grid.. patience is important I guess.

Any tips on EQing string instruments? I felt like they were always clashing and it ended up in dB battle which mushed up the mix I think. Using Kontakt Scoring Strings and EW Symphonic.

Cheers!

You just want t make sure that things arent hitting exactly the same freq as others, the vox and synths etc for example
Give each one their own place and things should sit better, same goes for kick and low mid bass and sub.

Dont forgte to try taking eq out of things too, its not always about boosts ;)

Sup m8s,

My second attempt at something DnB, my first got some great feedback on here (positive and negative) which drove me to get back in front of the DAW.

This is a remix of Anandel - Remember Me which I heard in the credits of a video game. Instrumentation was awesome but the vocal turned out to be a bitch to chop up since piano, guitar and other strings were smudged across the audio. (The vocal is all I took from the original)

So here's the track. Any feedback appreciated.

Really good for second attempt! saying like someone in here about the kick and snares. a bit plain. But good vibes!

this has some real potential but the mix is fairly muddy
get it sound crisp and sharp and it will be sick

Back
Top Bottom