Mefjus album on Critical

Did anyone here order thw boxset? And have you recieved it? Getting fobbed off now saying it's running late etc when it states it wwas sent on the 16th. Databeats really do wind me up. And this after spending over £60!

- - - Updated - - -

Their deliveries also tend to be a few days later than other shops.

Did anyone here order thw boxset? And have you recieved it? Getting fobbed off now saying it's running late etc when it states it wwas sent on the 16th. Databeats really do wind me up. And this after spending over £60!

- - - Updated - - -

Databeats is the bane of my existence...

- - - Updated - - -

Mine got the dispatch today it seems. It got delayed w/o notice and the dispatch info on their site is wrong.
Nothing to worry about....as long as it arrives in ultra mint condition ;)

Last edited:
Databeats is the bane of my existence...

Their system is absolute shit. You can't even change your password on your account and if you try to retrieve your four year old password to find out which one you used, they send it to you in a plain text email instead of prompting you via email to create a new password. Proof their systems are not as secure as they should be.

Also their download speeds are trash. Juno on the left was started after the Databeats one on the right:

kykc9dV.png

I would not use them if labels didn't use them for exclusives like this.

Last edited:
had a listen to all the tunes and gotta say i didnt think any were worth copping. nothing new here and i feel like unless he changes his sound he's gonna be irrelevant in 2 years time

had a listen to all the tunes and gotta say i didnt think any were worth copping. nothing new here and i feel like unless he changes his sound he's gonna be irrelevant in 2 years time

Ha! :lol: Sounds more like this style isn't your thing more than anything else. Album is still hurting me to no end, the only time I can think of another straight tech lp that was this good as this is Phace & Misanthrop LP. I'm not easily impressed either, so it's been a real breath of fresh air. A true achievement for the man, hats off to him...

Ha! :lol: Sounds more like this style isn't your thing more than anything else. Album is still hurting me to no end, the only time I can think of another straight tech lp that was this good as this is Phace & Misanthrop LP. I'm not easily impressed either, so it's been a real breath of fresh air. A true achievement for the man, hats off to him...

i just feel like he's gone off the boil or ran out of steam. really liked some of his old stuff, but this hasnt grabbed me

i just feel like he's gone off the boil or ran out of steam. really liked some of his old stuff, but this hasnt grabbed me

We're all different bro, but i'd recommend listening to it again when you're in a different mood or something. I had a similar experience with certain tunes at first, but after a few listens I realised the true enormity of what he has achieved with this package. It is seriously his best work to date! I've been following Phace religiously since their first release on Subtitles almost 10 years ago, & I honestly think Mefjus has cemented his place up there with Phace, Misanthrop & Noisia with this release, which is extremely high praise from me. Sorry bout the fanboy rant, but as u can tell i'm excited about this album haha.

We're all different bro, but i'd recommend listening to it again when you're in a different mood or something. I had a similar experience with certain tunes at first, but after a few listens I realised the true enormity of what he has achieved with this package. It is seriously his best work to date! I've been following Phace religiously since their first release on Subtitles almost 10 years ago, & I honestly think Mefjus has cemented his place up there with Phace, Misanthrop & Noisia with this release, which is extremely high praise from me. Sorry bout the fanboy rant, but as u can tell i'm excited about this album haha.

Agree

does anyone know when the vinyl will be available at Juno or Redeye yet? I see its sold out at the Critical store too (nice one)

- - - Updated - - -

Juno listing says december 1st...that didn't happen obviously! http://www.juno.co.uk/search/?q%5Ball%5D%5B%5D=mefjus&hide_forthcoming=0

also, £20 for the EP?? Ouch. Latest ProgRam EP is £8.13 haha

Not one to complain about costs normally but £25.00 for a gatefold 2x12" ep is pretty fucking steep!

They're basically charging £9.00 for the gatefold sleeve! Is it made of something special?

- - - Updated - - -

Limited Edition Numbered (Gold Foil Embossed) - not sure that makes the sleeve worthy of being nearly a tenner?

Not one to complain about costs normally but £25.00 for a gatefold 2x12" ep is pretty fucking steep!

They're basically charging £9.00 for the gatefold sleeve! Is it made of something special?

- - - Updated - - -

Limited Edition Numbered (Gold Foil Embossed) - not sure that makes the sleeve worthy of being nearly a tenner?

I wanted to answer this personally as im aware the cost is high, at that price point as a label we just about get enough paid back to recoup. With such limited numbers and high production costs its the reality of what the product is. Believe me i would much rather charge less.

That said thank you to all who have bought the album and supported a project that both the artist and label have poured a lot of blood sweat and tears into

What about the vinyl is gold embossed? I got mine today and cant see any gold foil anywhere. The edition number is in silver and thats about it. Cant find anything about it on the net

Back
Top Bottom