What got you into drum & bass music?

TCB666

Bus Bee
How did you end up listening to your first drum & bass song? My first drum & bass music experience was back in '93 when I bought a Speed Limit 140 BPM+ compilation CD on the Moonshine Music label on a whim. Yep, I'm old school.

One in the Jungle when I was 10 - was mesmerized by the show and loved this track they kept playing which they called "Long dark tunnel" (when it was no1 in the top 10 charts - I taped over one of my sisters audio tapes with this amazing sounding song) wow if only I knew how that would shape my life!

Used to play Fifa Street 2 on PS2 back in 2006 I think, they had quite a few DnB tunes like No Time 2 Love by Marky & Bungle, then a mate a few years later introduced me to more artists, and I really got into it!

pendululz

I once saw hold your colour for 5 bucks in my record store and i thought the name rang a bell and just bought it, turns out to have been a good desicion

i think it was Sub Focus - Aeroplane and a couple of Lenzman's earlier stuff is what I first heard, and then going out and seeing this local dj who is absolutely insane which really got me into mixing and then it snowballed

Hearing "Omen" by The Prodigy opened my ears to electronic music when I was like 11, then when I was 12 I went to ask my dad something and he was watching a surfing video with "Granite" by Pendulum playing, so I started listening to them. Then at the end of 2010 bought the annual UKF Drum and Bass album, from then on it was my primary music genre

Re: What got you into drum & bass music?

the wicked breaks and basslines. I really wish I was born 20 years earlier so I got to see the music evolve into what it is today. I would've loved to be 15 in 92.

- - - Updated - - -

definitely the break beat part played a big factor though, I used to listen to a lot of hip hop when I was 13, 14 and I think that aspect transferred.

Re: What got you into drum & bass music?

the wicked breaks and basslines. I really wish I was born 20 years earlier so I got to see the music evolve into what it is today. I would've loved to be 18 in 92.

funny_animated_gif___stupid_redneck_by_bensib-d5n5j4l.gif

Thanks to my roommate at the Naval College I got to hear Drum and Bass for the first time. He had 6ixth Session. Yeah that's right, representing the DNB in the Navy. Of all the years clubbing down south in the Breakbeat scene, I found Drum and Bass while in the Navy. But I never reached out to the scene, joined Facebook, or knew anyone who listened to it. About a year ago I decided to really dig into it. I think it's because of my heavy involvement and commitment to the dancefloor that I like the Techstep and Neurofunk... ;)

Heard some bits of pieces of Spor, Noisia, Panacea and Aphrodite around 2006. But the DNBArena 2007 cd mixed by Hype is what got me into this music bigtime. Really had a soft spot for dnb since then. Played that cd at least once a day. Still love it.

While i was enjoying the Scottish hardcore scene going to see lenny dee and bass generator i soon realised hardcore wasn't as good as drum n bass when a friend gave me a shot of some old mixtapes with these guys doing sets... Dr S Gachet, Jumping Jack Frost, Ray Keith and mickey Finn to name a few.

Back
Top Bottom