Turn the Night Lauren Neko Remix

IV4

DnBF Sheriff
VIP Junglist
Thought I should do a remix too. Check out this disclaimer for the contest.
Saying it straight out, we are not looking for the next banger or EDM hit. If that is what you wish to create, then this competition is not for you, because it is not for us.
Ha! I love it.
Any way this is my remix it took me about three days to make because I basically did the same thing I did in a previous remix and the learning curve of course shortened. Please let me know what you think, question or comments welcomed.
Oh and hear is the link if you want to do it. Unless of course you are participating in the dnb forum compo. Then get back to work :teeth:http://comps.turnthenight.com/auth/new
Oh yea this song is breaks, it was already a cool dnb song.

Last edited:
I had to give a good listen to the track before I got used to the feel and speed, but after that, I can say that I like it!
It has a smooth and flowing vibe and also quite chill and laidback. The vocals fit perfectly, that reese is amazing, and I like how you used the reversed drums! I can never make that work...

Im not sure if the drums are given by them or if you created them, but I really like them, I like the real feeling from them, especially the kick

Great work! As usual...

I rewrote their drums and beefed up the kick. I liked their drums a lot.
But any way, here are three steps to create the reverse effect I made with Audio. Step one reverse entire 4 beat loop. Step two chop 4 beat loop into 16 equally divided pieces. Step three replace reverse kick an and snares with normal kick and snares.

i like it mate
agree on the drums that kick is really nice
overall sounding nice tune works well
maybe a bit more perc here and there and some fx just to fill it up abit though

but good work man

i like it thru n thru. the drums did throw me off at first though but that's only because my brain kept wanting to link the song to late 90's big beat or some y2k-era adam freeland-style nu skool breaks and the sort of drums you'd find in those songs. there's nothing at all wrong with the drums, they're great and they're beefy just like you were shooting for. i think what threw me off is that, the vibe and speed of the song kept juking me out into relating it to big beat or nu skool breaks lol. i used to listen to alot of both and typically the drums are more like a slowed down funk break (more or less) with some groovebox hits layered on top. so my ears were expecting those sort of drums with this track, cuz this track has that vibe. the main difference being that in those songs the snare would be lower-pitched (from a funk break being pitched down), and the hats were from funk breaks so they had that groove you get from a person playing it with imperfections and maybe a little more shuffle from hats/ghost kicks/ghost snares. my brain just immediately wanted to connect this song with that sort of vibe. just so there's no confusion, i'm not recommending changing the drums. i'm just trying to give specifics as to why the drums threw me off at first. i am curious what this song would sound like with a little extra percussion or maybe a little shuffle from some hats. regardless, this song is definitely something i'd put on regular rotation on my ipod.

the few songs i've heard of yours are always top-notch, keep up the good work!

Last edited:
Dj icy fan are we?

Thanks man I am glad you like it I would let you download it but the comp rules won't let me. After the comp maybe you could ask their permission and they will let you download it. I am not good enough to have a snowballs chance in hell to win so I bet they will. I also know when I did not understand something about the remix, a rule was vague, Ms. Neko respond to me in a day.

Last minute to turn in the remix I am just trying to get a couple of extra plays. Thank you everybody for your feedback.

Dj icy fan are we?

Thanks man I am glad you like it I would let you download it but the comp rules won't let me. After the comp maybe you could ask their permission and they will let you download it. I am not good enough to have a snowballs chance in hell to win so I bet they will. I also know when I did not understand something about the remix, a rule was vague, Ms. Neko respond to me in a day.

yes indeed! i haven't heard anything new from him in a few years or so but i'm a die-hard fan with his early 2000's material. one of my friends is a hardcore breaks fan and i know for a fact he'd also be all over this remix you made. good luck on the competition

Back
Top Bottom