Very experimental house

smoothassilk

VIP Junglist
I had this weird concept which I wanted to explore.
I was listening to some jimmy edgar and I noticed the way his tracks didn't seems to have a set structure, they just flowed from one groove to another, like a continual build that never drops. Some minimal house tunes do this as well.

So I wanted to get that floweyness and put it in a track, taking it further than all the people I was listening to. This was the result.

I think I was concentrating on the flow and notes/chord sequences too much and the sound design is a bit shit, but nevermind, jimmy edgar's doesn't exactly blow me away.
I also intended it to be a lot longer, but the flowy, structureless concept means that it doesn't matter where I start and stop really. Maybe it should come around full circle back to the beginning groove somehow. I can't finish it because I've got 2 singer-songwriters and a rapper lined up to collab with, but I might come back to it later and make another 4 mins.

What are your opinions? How long before I get signed on warp? :D

Last edited:
I like the idea of the track but not the track. Your right the sound design is shit. As long as you are having fun and learning that is the point. I like doing off the wall weird progressive house stuff too.
I think the track should come full circle by the way.

Tomorrow warp will call you. :teeth:

I like the idea of the track but not the track. Your right the sound design is shit. As long as you are having fun and learning that is the point. I like doing off the wall weird progressive house stuff too.
I think the track should come full circle by the way.

Tomorrow warp will call you. :teeth:

Yeah, I have been listening to a lot of good music with terrible sound design recently (some indie music, ufabulum by squarepusher, rustie, that new muse album where they fail at dubstep) and perhaps it influenced me... warp are the shit and all that, but I swear half of them can't even do sound design.

Maybe you could have a go at the same concept, you'd probably do a better job than I did :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom