How to make these chopped up snares?

The snare just has a little riser thing in front of it.
When your snare is done, bounce it, reverse it and chuck it infront of the other, 'normal' snare.

Do some fiddling, because when you leave the initial hit in the reversed snare it will sound weird. So play a bit with the attack of the reversed snare (well, reversed it will be the tail), or maybe cut a bit of so you only have the tail left and put that one infront of the snare.

Just try around abit with that, but I think thats the basic thing for that sound

The snare just has a little riser thing in front of it.
When your snare is done, bounce it, reverse it and chuck it infront of the other, 'normal' snare.

Do some fiddling, because when you leave the initial hit in the reversed snare it will sound weird. So play a bit with the attack of the reversed snare (well, reversed it will be the tail), or maybe cut a bit of so you only have the tail left and put that one infront of the snare.

Just try around abit with that, but I think thats the basic thing for that sound

Ah je bent van Gent lees ik, bedankt. Dit lijkt me duidelijk advies! Ik laat je horen hoe t is geworden.

copy snare, reverse, cut off the very end, gives attack and you get this winding up feel

For me that short bit before the snare sounds like a open hat. Just play with the envelopes and reverse the stuff. :)

Back
Top Bottom