Groove Agent 4

Definitely want to get this, but going to wait till Cubase 8.0 is out, seeing it's bound to be included with that! :)

I doubt they do this. I am not sold on their no upgrade policy for Cubase included instruments like GA SE 4 and Halion Sonic SE when you can't upgrade them and must pay full price. At least there is $10 upgrade to Padshop Pro...

I hope they will at least include some kind of Halion Sampler SE. I believe Cubase is pretty much the only DAW without built-in sampler which is ridiculous nowdays. And considering the fact that there is NO drag'n'drop to Kontakt(or Maschine) implemented the only way left is to use Halion(I've got it with edu discount so it was worth it anyway).

There is a trial available for GA4 which I will try this weekend.

I doubt they do this. I am not sold on their no upgrade policy for Cubase included instruments like GA SE 4 and Halion Sonic SE when you can't upgrade them and must pay full price. At least there is $10 upgrade to Padshop Pro...

I hope they will at least include some kind of Halion Sampler SE. I believe Cubase is pretty much the only DAW without built-in sampler which is ridiculous nowdays. And considering the fact that there is NO drag'n'drop to Kontakt(or Maschine) implemented the only way left is to use Halion(I've got it with edu discount so it was worth it anyway).

There is a trial available for GA4 which I will try this weekend.

Aaaah, makes sense! Kinda sucks :(.

Can't wait for cubase 8.0 though. =D

All right I tried trial version of GA4. So there are only 3 acoustic drum kits, 1 percussion kit and "beat agent".
Acoustic agents have some nice options and Logic's Drummer-style performer. Sound quality is good enough too.
"Beat agent" is just an advanced version of GA SE.

Sadly slicer is the same and(I really don't understand why they are not doing this) does not align slices ends to zero crossing(and you must manually slightly adjust sample end of literally each slice). Same applies to Halion 5 and Cubase hitpoints detection. Maschine do it much better.
But this annoys only if you are after some quick chops, serious slicing always requires editing every sample so may be it is not a serious problem.

I will probably end up buying GA4 just for acoustic kits and considering the educational edition price of $109 and additional %16 discount at JRRShop it is a pretty good value.

Back
Top Bottom