Dom & Roland Remix LP (Audio, Break, Mefjust etc)

Re: Dom & Roland Remix LP (Audio, Break, Mefjust etc)

Disappointed is not a 5 or 4 piece set. But what a album!

- - - Updated - - -

Disappointed is not a 5 or 4 piece set. But what a album!

Re: Dom & Roland Remix LP (Audio, Break, Mefjust etc)

Shame about u do voodoo :(

- - - Updated - - -

Is there any others missing off it ?

I like having 2 tracks per side but 3 tracks per side for dnb seems like it's really pushing it. surprised by that move but maybe it sounds okay.

I like having 2 tracks per side but 3 tracks per side for dnb seems like it's really pushing it. surprised by that move but maybe it sounds okay.

Couple of the Med School LP's have been 3 tunes a side and they sound ok. Might need to tweak the gains up slightly though

LOL you bunch of prophets.. I guarantee that you can't guarantee dog shite

I can guarantee I will be more than over this fucking 33rpm pressing bullshit, and not buying ANY records if they are all done like this in a couple of years - not exactly prophetic when I know how I feel about it...

I can guarantee I will be more than over this fucking 33rpm pressing bullshit, and not buying ANY records if they are all done like this in a couple of years - not exactly prophetic when I know how I feel about it...

Haha fair enough! I'm glad i'm digi :teeth:

leave it out, its not the most difficult thing in the world changing the rpm from 45 to 33. and if u forget, its instantly noticeable so you just change it. i mean yeah, i prefer 12's at 45 but im not gonna stop buying vinyl if the majority of releases are at 33

leave it out, its not the most difficult thing in the world changing the rpm from 45 to 33. and if u forget, its instantly noticeable so you just change it. i mean yeah, i prefer 12's at 45 but im not gonna stop buying vinyl if the majority of releases are at 33

Its not just the speed change, lol. Manipulating the record feels different. They are quieter at loud volumes (no matter how much the labels stress they aren't). Queuing at speed on the tiny little gap between the tunes is a pain. If the first tune runs out the next can play if you haven't cut the channel (doesn't happen often but can).

The main one for me is having to chose one of the two (or three) tunes on the side of the plate to place in key order in the crate. If you utilise that style of mixing, then this is the killer. Normally a 12" is effectively one tune (or 2 if you are lucky and both sides are in the same range). But if theres 2, or 3 tunes per side, then only 1 of those can really come into play in your tune order.

Now, a few of you will go 'wtf, stop whinging man' - then probably realise you do THE SAME THING with your digital tunes, but you press 'order in key' and, ta-fucking-da they're all in key order. I spend a LOT of time keying up, counting bars and ordering my records so that when I mix it sounds as good as possible, and I can find new killer combo's without having to spend time practicing at home (which I don't have much time for).

And all the while I spend quite a lot of money to play these tunes on record - remembering shipping to NZ is not overly cheap. Now this new 'fad' of pressing comes in, and I feel like I am getting MORE ripped off than before, not a better deal at all like a lot of you seem to take from it.

Sure, I could just play digital. Nullify all the money I have spent on records and all the time I have spend preparing them to play. Fuck that. I love playing records, and I love the fact that its a minority now and you get a bit of street cred for doing it (hopefully well). It just frustrates me (obviously) that the labels are taking an approach that, TO ME, as a vinyl-only DJ, does not seem to benefit the very market they are aiming sales at - in fact hurting it.

Most labels are still charging an EP price for a single 12" with 4 tunes on it (bar Critical and Soul:R it seems). So I end up paying more for less usable music, in a format I enjoy even less. Which I am willing to do less and less.....

Each to their own - this is my opinion, and a lot of you will disagree. Its also not the end of the world, so life will go on either way.

Last edited:
yeah i agree with a lot of what you said there but i think you do have to take into account the labels themselves with this whole 33 phase. Vinyl isnt a profitable format for selling records really and in the case of this record, they've put 12 tunes on vinyl. If all those were at 45, then you would have 6 plates and that would probably be retailing at about £30. Now a price tag like that is gonna put a lot of potential customers off and due to the high cost of manufacturing 6 plates, it means its very risky for the labels if the record doesnt sell. Now because this release is 2 plates, they're selling it at £12 which is gonna be affordable for more people who dont wanna spend £30 on a record. I suppose they could do a limited special edition 6 plate run which would be good but i doubt they will

Back
Top Bottom