FabFilter Pro-Q 2 is coming!

I'm only 3 minutes in and I'm pausing just to comment how fucking awesome this is!! They made Pro-Q Better!! The Piano snap tool wtf!!

Edit.

The spectrum grabber, I think I'm gonna shed a tear of joy :')

Last edited:
I never thought an EQ could be so exiciting... makes me realise what a production geek I've become :D

Oh snap! That thing looks killer. I hope the full screen view will have a hot key and work proper in a daw. How sick would it be to have that thing on the master channel and be able to tap a button and pop up in full screen. I can see using this for mastering for sure. And with the new curves it gonna be sweet for bass automation stuff.

I like it. I wish all eq's would have a spectrum analyzer... I wish everything had a spectrum analyzer actually, lol.

Oh snap! That thing looks killer. I hope the full screen view will have a hot key and work proper in a daw. How sick would it be to have that thing on the master channel and be able to tap a button and pop up in full screen. I can see using this for mastering for sure. And with the new curves it gonna be sweet for bass automation stuff.

I like it. I wish all eq's would have a spectrum analyzer... I wish everything had a spectrum analyzer actually, lol.

I believe everything can be midi-learned too :)

i stopped using the original as much cause ableton disables automation when exporting but only with pro-q...it's weird as fuck, read a few other complaints about it on the ableton forum but it hasn't been resolved yet..

it's more than likely an ableton issue but i'm still gonna be pissed if the issue persists with v2

i stopped using the original as much cause ableton disables automation when exporting but only with pro-q...it's weird as fuck, read a few other complaints about it on the ableton forum but it hasn't been resolved yet..

it's more than likely an ableton issue but i'm still gonna be pissed if the issue persists with v2

Dang, that sucks. Glad I know that now, I haven't tried automation in ableton with pro-q yet... Just reaper. But I don't really use reaper that much recently. I'm still on ableton 8.

:: sent from android with tapatalk ::

I can't watch it on my phone. Is there a list of new features?

In hoping there is some sort if key follow feature that moves selected bands up or down depending on what key you play.

Also a sidechain option that enables you to use an external source to boost or attenuate certain bands.

I can't watch it on my phone. Is there a list of new features?

In hoping there is some sort if key follow feature that moves selected bands up or down depending on what key you play.

Also a sidechain option that enables you to use an external source to boost or attenuate certain bands.

New processing natural phase mode
Improved performance of zero latency and linear phase modes
Full screen mode and more display size options
New filter types: Band-Pass, Tilt-shelf, Notch filter
Filter slopes up to 96dB/oct on each(!) filter type
Linked gain-Q option to create adaptive q's depending on gain to match some analogue EQ's
Phase invert, auto-gain on master out(!), seperate master gain-scale for all filters.
Click-less bypass button
New piano keyboard scale to snap bands to musical notes.
Zoom
Analyser options:
new slopes
vertical scale setting
freeze analyzer
spectrum grab (grab a peak on spectrum(u press the button and it records peak image and then u can just drag those peaks to add bands on them!),
Side-chain spectrum for multi-input spectrum comparisons
EQ match function.

Looks sick! but I'm hearing this EQuilibrium vst is even better, anyone got it? :-

http://www.musicradar.com/reviews/tech/dmgaudio-equilibrium-575543

Yeah I've tried it. Tons of options for customization there! And a lot of different curves available(from analog to pure digital).
All-in-all it is the direct competitor to Pro-Q 2. But FabFilter interface is just so much more logical and easier to use... and with killer-features of V2 I don't know which one is better.

Back
Top Bottom