FabFilter Pro-Q 2 is coming!

Sooooooo tempteeeeeeedddd

91e746f76e.png

Last edited:
Oooh i'm starting college again in a few weeks, might see if I can blag myself as a student again ha!

That EQlibrium thing does look pretty cool. I wonder which ones gonna take up less CPU power. Not that EQ's are known for taking up a ton, but we use them so much in a track it all adds up in the end.

I could see the EQlibrium picking up some buyers that don't have a really good EQ plug yet, but I would imagine that anyone that has pro-q 1 will stick with version two. Did they say what the upgrade price is yet?

:: sent from android with tapatalk ::

That EQlibrium thing does look pretty cool. I wonder which ones gonna take up less CPU power. Not that EQ's are known for taking up a ton, but we use them so much in a track it all adds up in the end.

I could see the EQlibrium picking up some buyers that don't have a really good EQ plug yet, but I would imagine that anyone that has pro-q 1 will stick with version two. Did they say what the upgrade price is yet?

On the Gearsluts thread they already compared CPU hit and it is at least %30 more efficient then V1. And Equilibrium can be very high on CPU, definitely higher then Pro-Q v2.

btw Natural Phase mode ftw!

On the Gearsluts thread they already compared CPU hit and it is at least %30 more efficient then V1. And Equilibrium can be very high on CPU, definitely higher then Pro-Q v2.

btw Natural Phase mode ftw!

Damn, they made it better, added features, and made it more CPU friendly... Talk about your no brainier purchase of the year.

i stopped using the original as much cause ableton disables automation when exporting but only with pro-q...it's weird as fuck, read a few other complaints about it on the ableton forum but it hasn't been resolved yet..

it's more than likely an ableton issue but i'm still gonna be pissed if the issue persists with v2

that'd be a terrible problem to have. i've been using Pro-Q to automate filter sweeps, etc, in ableton 8 and 9 for a few years, with no issue. i tend to automate EQ filter sweeps alot and Pro-Q has been my EQ of choice for 2-3 years. i'd have a serious problem on my hands if my Pro-Q automation was disabled during exports.

i googled and found some other people mentioning the same problem, so it's not just you. one of the people with the problem said they were having this problem while in session view, so they tried it from arrangement view and it worked. in my case, i've never had this issue before but i always export from arrangement view as well, so maybe there's something to that. i rarely use session view, i wonder if i'd have the same problem as you if i tried exporting from session view...

Last edited:
if you automate Pro-Q then bounce everything to wav(s), the automation is disabled? that's really strange, i've never had that problem. i've used Pro-Q with ableton 8 and 9 with no issues at all. Pro-Q is my EQ of choice even for automating filter sweeps, etc, and i've never run across that exporting problem before.

I know in Logic you can bounce and ignore all automation, maybe some weird check box has been ticked by accident..?

been playing with v2 for a few days, t'is the sex. v1 was my choice EQ, they made it way better!

have you done any a/b comparisons between pro-q & pro-q 2 for cuts/boosts? i'm curious if it sounds any better. pro-q is my default eq for cuts but lately I've been using nebula for boosts, alexb's black master eq to be specific. i dont boost frequencies nearly as much as i cut but I did alot of a/b comparisons and couldn't believe how much better the alexb nebula eq's were than fabfilter, izotope, and ableton. amazing.

have you done any a/b comparisons between pro-q & pro-q 2 for cuts/boosts? i'm curious if it sounds any better. pro-q is my default eq for cuts but lately I've been using nebula for boosts, alexb's black master eq to be specific. i dont boost frequencies nearly as much as i cut but I did alot of a/b comparisons and couldn't believe how much better the alexb nebula eq's were than fabfilter, izotope, and ableton. amazing.

Good to know! Thanks man.
I haven't done any comparisons with it thus far, but for me the UI improvements alone make it worth the switch. I only use it as a transparent filer, not to add colour like a lot of the desk modeled EQ's.

Back
Top Bottom