roni size - take kontrol

Timestretch, Fashion, Step Up, Brown Paper Bag, Music Box. It really does upset me that this is what Roni has become these days. He's like 15 years behind the curve. Same damned drums on every track!

Hearing a few tunes that sound like shit copies of older Sub Focus and newer DJ Fresh on there. All pretty generic and total crap, but I expected worse actually.

10643229_10152638810184244_548070330_n.jpg

I have no words.

Drum’n'bass hero Roni Size will release a new album, Take Kontrol, this August.

Released by Size’s new label Mansion Sounds, Take Kontrol will focus purely on “dancefloor cuts for the heads”, moving away from the live environment he explored with the Reprazent live show and back into the studio.

Wut?

....although.......

Size has also revealed that Reprazent, his Mercury Prize-winning collaboration with Krust, DJ Die and more will release a new album in 2015.

Please Roni, don't ruin this too.

Student Friendly Unit Shifter

Proper cash cow right there!

P.S. Time Out Remix is exactly the same as the original apart from a new synth line in the breakdown/build up.

The first Roni Size album I wont be buying. Such a shame.

You cant disappear for years then come back with the same sounds only not as good.

Just going to leave this here

[video=youtube_share;Ej-ifIsdL4Q]http://youtu.be/Ej-ifIsdL4Q[/video]

Can't believe how bad this is, sounds like the whole album was thrown together in an afternoon

Roni Size really took a big shit on his legacy with this lazy crap :(

Can't believe how bad this is, sounds like the whole album was thrown together in an afternoon

Roni Size really took a big shit on his legacy with this lazy crap :(

it stinks, in every way. and i found it sad to say that

can't even imagine what a reprazent album would sound like now.

what if it sounds like this? erk...

Actually came here this morning to post a thread about this as I'm listening to the previews now. So glad everyone else is hating on this and it isn't just me being fussy.

Seriously though, the production sounds like it is from 10 years ago. How on earth is this going to hold up against newer artists with immaculate production techniques?!

Back
Top Bottom