Changer:LTD - Pink Alligator (liquid)

Lots of nice elements in there, good flow and sounds and things.

What notes are you using for the bass? And what chord is going over the top? There's something a little ususual there harmonically which creates the feeling that it's unresolved on the first two notes then it resolves on the last note of the bassline. My first instinct was 'this is unusual, it should be frowned upon' but then I realised I actually quite liked the effect. Maybe it was something you did deliberately?

It's also too long IMO. All it needs is maybe 1/3 to 1/2 of the repeats cut out and that'll sort it out fine. Go through and cut out some bits here and there.

I couldn't say anything about the unresolvedness (although I should with my music theory, dammit, I should get my shit together)
But I do like the track. You could change the drums after a while though, just the hats. (They might be a bit loud too)
And I'd like that bass more present. I've listened with monitors and headphones, but for me it's a bit too much on the background

i like the track rolls really nice and i like the subtle background vocal and strings adding some nice atmosphere. The roll at the end of the phrase is a little too quiet might wanna bring that up to add some new dimension on the overall break section, but the programming sounds superb. Nice tune

Vibes
Kick n snare could hit a little harder imo, maybe more sub for me too but thats personal preference

Great work, really liking the vibe and the strings etc throughout

Tune could definitely be a bit shorter imo too :)

Nothing really bad to say at all! I am enjoying the track all around. My personal taste would like a little extra evolving low mid bass for texture, but again its personal taste.

A little heads up, not sure how true it is, but when weve had vinyl releases the labels wanted us to keep them just under 6 mins, its something to do with dynamic range
Im not entirely sure exactly what the reason is, but there is some truth in there somewhere lol

Had a quick sit down at piano and figured out what was going on harmonically:
Bass goes E -E an octave up- A
Chord over the top is probably Am.
So because chord is Am, key feels like Am too (even though it could be a different key, too few notes to tell really)
Therefore normally in Am first note of the headline is A, but in this case it's E, and it moves to A a bit later in the bar, which is why it feels resolved halfway through the bass pattern rather than at the beginning.

It's actually really, really simple music theory, but it's the kind of rule bending anyone who knows a lot of theory wouldn't think of, weirdly.

thanks for letting me know its actually nice to hear little bits of info like that. i tend to pick a key and try and limit myself to that key. im currently in the midst of working on another mixdown of this as i feel this one is a bit messy. as soon as its done i will upload it

Back
Top Bottom