DnB Forum Remix Competition!

send it to me, jamie. the SC will be up the day after tomorrow and so forth. [MENTION=65744]IV4[/MENTION] we should probably pow-wow, wanna chat or skype or something? we could chat on skype if youre shy? get at me on my profile to discuss organization and structure

ok, I got a file, waht now? Who wants it? How do I submit? Sorry, my computer being a jerkwad and forum loading terribly slow, cant sift through 15 pages for the next 7 hours :teeth:

Looking forward to hearing others, mines rubbish, but I want in, cause in is where it is see, and I want all over the next one as well.
Easy, upload the song to soundcloud and sat it as private or public and make it downloadable. Then send the link to logikz or my self.

So I can still send it tomorrow in time, right?
You have till OCTOBER 1st.

@logizk Soundcloud account has been made I sent you two pm's with the info.

Just so everybody know I sett up the account and everybody's track gets a letter. This will keep everybody anonymous for the judging but it also may mean we completely loose track of who is who. If you are the winner you may need to claim your song. If for some reason, and I don't think their will be, two or more people claim to have made the winning track we will be able to check and call such person dirty liars and scorn them something awful.

Today is your last day to get your tracks in so turn them in guyz.

ivan you speng, we will of course keep a txt file with the key to what letter corresponds to whos song.
you are of course right about the scorn and ridicule, which will be handed out with regular intervals anyway.

nicccccccce onnnnnnnne for getting the SC up doe big man! and i am looking forward something FIERCE to hearing everyones contributions!!! may the best man win, oh and in case of a tie, i say ivan gets the final say so. its either that or the finalists get to duke it out on the sands of the arena with kebab skewers and fishnet stockings.

the voting poll will be public (means you can see who voted for what) and its illegal to vote for yourself, doing so will result in disqualification. or, possibly, that your vote will go to the track with the least amount of votes. or, possibly the most. jurys still out on that one, ivan?

i think i need to lay off the weed for a while, me like an idiot thought the 1st october was yesterday so i rushed my mix, as I’ve found a few things that need tweaking and my mastering was awful imo :(
i wonder if i can retract my entry and give in another tomorrow?

[MENTION=90]logikz[/MENTION] and [MENTION=80822]mugatu[/MENTION]

Logizk you are set for go for the uploads. Mugatu your link is not working, send your link to logizk because I am working a 2nd shift today and soon won't be able to have any access to computer until sometime around 6:00 am-ish english time.

[MENTION=90]logikz[/MENTION] and [MENTION=80822]mugatu[/MENTION]

Logizk you are set for go for the uploads. Mugatu your link is not working, send your link to logizk because I am working a 2nd shift today and soon won't be able to have any access to computer until sometime around 6:00 am-ish english time.

Sorted now. Cheers

upping now. probably killed the mix with my ear-fatigued 5am kill-me-now mixdown attempt, but oh well, should be alright

you know what mate i feel and did exactly the same. but after receiving i little feedback i was a bit more confident. (its my 1st remix and 1st remix comp)

i had trouble with the high hats them dam things were way harsh on my ears, i ended up eq cutting them a lot (maybe 2 much).

not sure if it was the best decision but at least they are no longer killing my ears when turned up.

handed mine in and im happy with it.
can’t wait to hear everyone else’s

GOOD LUCK EVERYBODY! :respekt:

Looking forward to hearing the winners tune! Brilliant idea for the forum. So was this open for anyone, even if it was a seasoned producer who became a member just for this? Just curious if there were any guidelines like that. I read through the thread a little but didn't see anything like that.

ok ivan, remember to send me the key once youre done uploading (for reasons mentioned above, but also so there arent any duplicates!Ä)

it looks like

A: kenneth sweatband
B: trevor likely
C: kiljmanjaro bob
D: panpicadilly manchester
E: swakmaster suede
F: the man like nicky j

etc etc, then ill fill out my part and send it back to you, as i upload the tracks. unless you think they shoulkd be anon to me too, in which case ill just shoot you all the submission PMs. but surely thats not 9000% necesarry.

everyone keep that hhunger doe, nobody lose the edge, cos the next compo will have an actual music gear related prize!!

- - - Updated - - -

Looking forward to hearing the winners tune! Brilliant idea for the forum. So was this open for anyone, even if it was a seasoned producer who became a member just for this? Just curious if there were any guidelines like that. I read through the thread a little but didn't see anything like that.

no sir, its an open for all compo, a free-for-all i think they call it. its also ok to get friends and relatives to sign up and vote for them, but keep it sportsmanshippy ok, any overy dumb shit will lead to disqualification damn it.

most of it is pretty self explanatory, really. i had the rare pleasure of developing the dnbforum production forum compo model with an old user (thas left now, sadly) named gordo who was studying music production at uni at the time, and went about it in a very official and scientific and academical way, with the utmost focus on that the contestants should have fun and benefit.

my original concept was to et the shitest sample pack and the only thing allowed to add was white noise, and that was supposed to result in the best neuro tune on earth. that compo got three contestant, me and gordo were two. so after a few tries i think we have a pretty good model, but i also think there is much to be improved upon.

All the tracks I have are up and loaded. They are A-H, you need to start uploading the tracks you have asap starting at I. [MENTION=90]logikz[/MENTION]

Back
Top Bottom