Erm WTF

RUSSLA

Technique
VIP Junglist
bREMlTa.png

This is the exact same snare on loop. Ive noticed it changing thru the track so started to investigate.

Anyone got any ideas as to wtf is going on? Exhausted all my knowledge now and getting a little miffed.

Safety

It could be your attack and release settings.

Try bringing the look ahead all the way up.

- - - Updated - - -

Also if it's multiple layers and you have some CPU intensive plug ins active then some layers might not play

its not settings within Pro - L as ive tried changing them all, but you're facking right tho, ive got Soundshifter on every snare so will bounce and try again.

- - - Updated - - -

iOLd71T.png

Closer but still slightly different. Thanks tho, at least i know its CPU related.

A lot of analysers have a similar problem. If you can change the response of the analyser to a faster speed then it will be more accurate

Yeh I know this can always be a problem with EQs but a single snare hit should be easy to analyse accurately, guess not.

No guys, literally any sound being played reoccurring will get a different harmoni/peak analysis. HAve no idea why, probably saves CPU some how.

Get a kick looping 4 bars, and with Pro Q and Pro L on the analysis will be a bit different for every hit.

I found that soundshifter adds some weird artifacts audible that are consistent with percussive elements, so might be that also.

No guys, literally any sound being played reoccurring will get a different harmoni/peak analysis. HAve no idea why, probably saves CPU some how.

Get a kick looping 4 bars, and with Pro Q and Pro L on the analysis will be a bit different for every hit.

That's because the analyser is registering during different points of the sound each time.

so it works differently to all my other analyzers?

Their settings probably differ.

Load the channel EQ onto your channel strip (if you're a Logic user)...
Have a kick drum loop playing.
When it's on the low quality mode the waveform will be inconsistent, especially in the low frequency area.

If you switch to high res and change the response time to it's fastest setting it should be exactly the same every time.

Back
Top Bottom