DnB Comments on WIP track

szxduncan

Hi guys!

I would love some advice on reinforcing my sounds in this track. Currently, when mixing my track on a pair of truth behringer speakers trying to cut mud around the 400 to 800hz range, i noticed that when I switched to my Shure SRH440 headphones, I lose my sound reinforcements.

So any advice and comments at all is well appreciated. I understand this track may come up quite far off from the real definition of drum and bass.

It's currently a little soft at the moment cause I haven't got around much learning mastering.

Thanks

https://soundcloud.com/szxduncan/space/s-KegxI

You need more bass, as in sub-bass. Use a reece sample or make your own with a high pass filter pulled down pretty low. Then pass that through a little tiny bit of distortion. This will add warmth to your bass. At 2:04 those stabs need reworked and your break snare and snare are not lining up. You also need to get a new snare, or work on the one you have.
Is the vocal that funny jewish guy playing hitler back in the 30's?

Sub bass as in the 40 to 250hz range? Would you also care to elaborate on the stabs that needs reworking? Is it the overall tone or it just doesnt fit into the track? I would have to agree on snares being my weakest element here. Been crackin my head over this and yes, chaplin.

Thanks for your comments though, I will definitely work on it.

Back
Top Bottom