A very synthetic track.

I'm only listening on laptop speakers atm but sounds good so far (y)

As for the pad, try using reverbs and/or delay on it?

no idea about the mixdown, on crappy speakers right now, but soundin great, luving the narly bass, lots of nice interestin bits going on!

as above, reverb is good for pads, few other ideas, double the pad channel up, pan far left and right, give each one slightly different settings on the FX, make sure you give all the other sounds plenty of room (a big wide chunk out of the EQ in the "warm" area, 400hz can help, and another wide chunk pulled out ~700hz will help push the pad into the background, so you can play with more FX without overpowering the mix),

wish I culd pump it out on monitors to give ya feedback on the mix, but I cant sorry! everything from 300-400hz upwards sounds fat tho lol

The intro would sound much better without the synth blips and blops, actually don't like those at all.

Other than that it sounds pretty tight, man, you could possibly automate the gating on that pad so it doesn't just go da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da in exactly the same way all the time.

Structure sounds nice, b-line is bad, atmospherics and incidentals are nice, snare could be a little more snappy, I'd do something a little different to the roll right before the second drop, just so it isn't too similar to the first and the ending is a bit abrupt / inconclusive.

My 2p.

no idea about the mixdown, on crappy speakers right now, but soundin great, luving the narly bass, lots of nice interestin bits going on!

as above, reverb is good for pads, few other ideas, double the pad channel up, pan far left and right, give each one slightly different settings on the FX, make sure you give all the other sounds plenty of room (a big wide chunk out of the EQ in the "warm" area, 400hz can help, and another wide chunk pulled out ~700hz will help push the pad into the background, so you can play with more FX without overpowering the mix),

wish I culd pump it out on monitors to give ya feedback on the mix, but I cant sorry! everything from 300-400hz upwards sounds fat tho lol

I got a chance to re-play around with the pad after cutting out frequencies like you suggested. IT REALLY HELPED. I have problems with pads, leads, and fx sounding natural and in this track I know I failed but your advice will be much remembered for the next track. Thank you very much.

- - - Updated - - -

The intro would sound much better without the synth blips and blops, actually don't like those at all.

Other than that it sounds pretty tight, man, you could possibly automate the gating on that pad so it doesn't just go da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da in exactly the same way all the time.

Structure sounds nice, b-line is bad, atmospherics and incidentals are nice, snare could be a little more snappy, I'd do something a little different to the roll right before the second drop, just so it isn't too similar to the first and the ending is a bit abrupt / inconclusive.

My 2p.
Thank you, I like the bleep bloops and the snare. Other than that I absolutely agree with you. Thank you for your honest advice as always. It helps me a lot.

I got a chance to re-play around with the pad after cutting out frequencies like you suggested. IT REALLY HELPED. I have problems with pads, leads, and fx sounding natural and in this track I know I failed but your advice will be much remembered for the next track. Thank you very much.

no probs :) keep the EQ simple as much as you can, and using Stereo panning is often just effective at giving a sound lots of space, sometimes I push a lead off a tiny bit to the left or right, by just 2-4 points (based on a 127 point far left to far right scale) and that allows the snare, kick and mid bass to cut thru the mix without having to over EQ (sometimes not appropriate for the sound of course, if its a big stereo lead for eg, works best for leads that run straight down the middle...but the panning shouldn't be noticeable, unless that's what you want creatively)

Last edited:
Thanks guys. And mnty if you have not found out yet Mistz is one of the best producers that frequent this part of the fourm so it is nice to get top notch advice once in a while.

Not my taste IV4 But i dont hear any issues sounds tight as usual nice work... Listened on KRK RPG6,

sorry feeling a bit violent today RPG6??? lol

Last edited:
Mate thats sick, slightly distorted though so you need to look at that.
The musical element in the tack is kool, personal preference on the bleeps etc, i like what they are doing but they sound slightly unprocessed. Id maybe try to dirty them up a bit more.
The Bass, well, its ruuuude man, absolutely love that, sounds like its that which is making things peak a bit though, but thats really great work. I know making that in Thor isnt as easy task so big up on that!
The drums are pretty tight, if i was being really picky id say maybe they are a little rigid, maybe a nice old skool type break layered under could give it a nicer shuffle and flow

Overall, great track. Love the elements (now on my 2nd play through as i write this)
Get the distortion sorted and its wicked and if its not too cheeky i wouldnt mind a copy of it ;) hehe

- - - Updated - - -

Oh btw second drop switch up

haha BOOOOOM!

Thank you,
Haha, Yep, It is not easy at all going for this style in reason at all. I'm sure one day I will get a different daw, but reason is what I have.

The bleeps I could not quite master. I wanted to sound like an old Concord Dawn track with them, but I just could not figure out the proper processing. The drums I was going for that rigid sound, at one point the amen was worked in, but I took it back out for stylistic reasons.

Anyway, yea all of my tracks are downloadable so have at it. If you plan on mixing it and need me to do something please let me know, I have basically exhausted all my skills out with this track so if I need to make changes, specific details would be nice. Plus, you have no idea how much I want you to play this track.

I can't do more than agree with previous comments... Again big track...
I can't say more than saying it's amazing.
Btw, do I hear a Hideous bleep sneaking in the background?

Back
Top Bottom