BBC Radio 1Xtra DnB Soundclash

SP won the clash though. Never mind bootlegs, remixes and dubs mixed in for 8 seconds. Gunman

This

and :uberlaugh at this premix soundclash. Proper abelton mix mate!
It didn't represent the full spectrum of d&b, just the more bang out stuff so I don't know how I should consider this good for d&b? Yeah lots of airtime for the bigger labels, as if they didn't get enough already.

This

It didn't represent the full spectrum of d&b, just the more bang out stuff so I don't know how I should consider this good for d&b? Yeah lots of airtime for the bigger labels, as if they didn't get enough already.

This is radio one mate, people have another thing coming if they think future soundclashes will feature music from outside of the big labels. I think we're lucky that the non-mainstream dnb stuff gets any airtime at all and hasn't just been relegated to the corner of the internet we live in.

This

and they say there's no positivity in drum & bass

:uberlaugh

Did you even read the first 7 pages? Ongoing fap on how sick this is. there's your positivity. Dare one be criticizing something and RAMfanboy456 creeps out of his cave.

Or it was just a bit of fun and not take it soooooooo seriously?

Just an idea...

Or it was just a bit of fun and not take it soooooooo seriously?

Just an idea...

Wasn't that you that went on about how Shogun should have won and that the "legitimacy of that clash" was completely ruined when Hospital won? I feel you take my banter a bit too serious.

and they say there's no positivity in drum & bass

To be honest he's right

How about Radio 1/1xtra take a risk and expose their audience to dnb labels/artists that they may not be familiar with rather than the yearly Ram/Viper/Hospital/Shogun love-in that they have

They constantly play it safe with these kind of shows. Who the fuck wants to hear If We Ever for the 5000000th time? Boring as fuck

I can guarantee that if someone like Calibre was invited to be a part of one of these soundclashes he would be loved by the listening audience

Also Crissy Criss & Mistajam are fucking cringe as hosts

They should have brought back someone like Bailey for this show. At least he knows how to present a show without shoving his nose up a dozen backsides

To be honest he's right

How about Radio 1/1xtra take a risk and expose their audience to dnb labels/artists that they may not be familiar with rather than the yearly Ram/Viper/Hospital/Shogun love-in that they have

They constantly play it safe with these kind of shows. Who the fuck wants to hear If We Ever for the 5000000th time? Boring as fuck

I can guarantee that if someone like Calibre was invited to be a part of one of these soundclashes he would be loved by the listening audience

Also Crissy Criss & Mistajam are fucking cringe as hosts

They should have brought back someone like Bailey for this show. At least he knows how to present a show without shoving his nose up a dozen backsides

I completely agree. But at the end of the day, the majority of radio 1's listeners are going to be listening on car stereos or shitty speakers/headphones. So putting Samurai or Exit on Radio 1, most people are gonna be wandering what all the ticks are and where the snares have gone - the 4 labels that were involved all release music that has a discernible melody with any speaker quality, hence can be enjoyed by everyone.

But yeah, I don't believe this show will have done a huge amount extra for dnb than the weekly friction and crissy criss shows already do. Maybe we should organise an alternative soundclash.

Drumsound and bassline's minimix was sick and SP won it all on his own

Screen_Shot_2014_08_19_at_10_14_30_PM.png

Hahahah. Pretty unfortunate though

I completely agree. But at the end of the day, the majority of radio 1's listeners are going to be listening on car stereos or shitty speakers/headphones. So putting Samurai or Exit on Radio 1, most people are gonna be wandering what all the ticks are and where the snares have gone - the 4 labels that were involved all release music that has a discernible melody with any speaker quality, hence can be enjoyed by everyone.

But yeah, I don't believe this show will have done a huge amount extra for dnb than the weekly friction and crissy criss shows already do. Maybe we should organise an alternative soundclash.

Drumsound and bassline's minimix was sick and SP won it all on his own
I know it will never happen but one can dream. Must be great if you're part of Hospital/Ram/Viper/Shogun though as you're pretty much guaranteed free publicity for your releases/events

These 'anthem bashing cram as many songs into a mix as possible' shows do nothing for me

I reckon a live streamed dnbf soundclash wouod be sick. Properly presented, everyone over someones crib :).

Let's sort something in London! 4 teams - different styles? Liquid, neuro/dancefloor, minimal/half-time, and something else. or could even set up teams to represent labels. let's do it

Also, we have a fair few sick labels on the forum we could soundclash between.. as co owner i would happily represent Concussion ;).

Back
Top Bottom