BBC Radio 1Xtra DnB Soundclash

The Winstons - Amen Brother
LL Cool J - ID
Quincy Jones feat. Fourward - Fresh Prince Theme (Six Blade Remix)
:lol: I have absolutely no idea where BBC gets their tracklists from.. Quincy Jones feat. Fourward - Fresh Prince Theme (Six Blade Remix) lol... big up Fourward for the collab with Quincy Jones!!! We had to submit them detailed TL's as well and I don't see any of our Viper tracklists for rounds listed on there.

As good as it was, it's too bad they cut the best round - the B2B's - it was supposed to be 10 minutes, but got cut to 6 minutes, so there were tons more dubs and VIP's coming up, but not everyone got to get in the mix (which is why none of the mixes actually ended). There was even more world exclusive stuff on the way!

Was a really good show. Much better than I expected.

Clash idea # 47
Calibre singlehandedly vs anyone /everyone.

Hats off to whichever label won the mix picked from the envelope round. True skill, well deserved.

:lol: I have absolutely no idea where BBC gets their tracklists from.. Quincy Jones feat. Fourward - Fresh Prince Theme (Six Blade Remix) lol... big up Fourward for the collab with Quincy Jones!!! We had to submit them detailed TL's as well and I don't see any of our Viper tracklists for rounds listed on there.

As good as it was, it's too bad they cut the best round - the B2B's - it was supposed to be 10 minutes, but got cut to 6 minutes, so there were tons more dubs and VIP's coming up, but not everyone got to get in the mix (which is why none of the mixes actually ended). There was even more world exclusive stuff on the way!

Ah that's a shame. Should have spread it over a longer time slot really, like four hours, and just cut out Friction's radio show. Like if you're gonna get people from four of the biggest labels in DnB then you might as well take advantage of that..

regardless of the result, the show itself seems to be the most interesting thing done in Drum & Bass for a while.

The Winstons - Amen Brother
LL Cool J - ID
DJ Zinc & The Ganja Kru - Super Sharp Shooter
DJ Randall & Andy C - Sound Control
Tribe of Issachar - Junglist
Shy FX - Sound of the Beast
Gang Related & Mask - Dictation
Roni Size & Reprazent - Timestretch
Roni Size & Reprazent - Trust Me (Talkin' Loud)
Dillinja - Hard Noize
Inta Warriors - Inta
Dillinja & Lemon D - That Amen Track
Ronnie Foster - Back Stabbers
Peshay - Miles From Home
Ed Rush & Optical - Funktion
Adam F - Brand New Funk
Ed Rush, Optical & Fierce - Alien Girl
Dillinja - Grimey
Jonny L - Back To Your Roots (Friction & K-Tee Remix)
Bad Company - The Nine
Drumsound & Bassline Smith - The Odyssey
Drumsound & Bassline Smith - Crossfire (Danger)
Konflict - Messiah
Digital & Spirit - Deadline
Wots My Code - Dubplate (Total Science Remix)
Pendulum - Blood Sugar
High Contrast - Racing Green
Switch - A Bit Patchy
M Beat feat. General Levy - Incredible (Danny Byrd Remix)
Ebony Dubsters -Power Of Ra! (G-Dub Remix)
TC - Where's My Money (Caspa Remix)
DJ Hazard & Distorted Minds - Mr Happy
DJ Hazard - Machete
Drumsound & Bassline Smith - Violator
Chase & Status - No Problem (feat. Takura)
Drumsound & Bassline Smith - Close
TC - Get Down Low
Drumsound & Bassline Smith - The Weekend (feat. Phreeda Sharp)
Dr Dre - Ding Dong (Acapella)
TC - Everything For A Reason
DJ Hazard - It's A Secret
Metrik - Want My Love (feat. Elisabeth Troy)
Wilkinson - Afterglow
The Fugees - Ready Or Not
TC - Boing
TC - April Fools
DC Breaks - Swag
TC - Into The Jungle
Wilkinson - Dirty Love (feat. Talay Riley)
TC - Next Hype
Metrik - Slipstream
Noisia & Phace - Purpose
Phace & Noisia - Stagger
Hybris - Garbage Truck
Hybris - Garbage Truck (Misanthrop Remix)
Noisia - Oh Oh
The Sect - Cybermen (Break Remix)
DJ Fresh - Heavyweight
Ulterior Motive - Longshot
Noisia - Leopard Slug
Fre4knc - Cardiome
Noisia - Strange Owl Experiment
Bad Company UK - Dogfight
Noisia - Running Blind
Bad Company UK - Excession
Noisia - Bad Dreams
I Am Legion - Make Those Move (Teddy Killerz Remix)
The Upbeats - Undertaker
Noisia - Facade
Momoiro Clover Z - Lost Child (Noisia Remix)
Ten Walls - Walking With Elephants (S.P.Y Remix)
Chronixx - Here Comes Trouble (Mind Vortex & Chords Bootleg)
Wiz Khalifa - We Dem Boyz (Fourward Remix)
Quincy Jones feat. Fourward - Fresh Prince Theme (Six Blade Remix)

has anyone got a T/L that actually resembles what was played (in the order it was played)?

Finally got my ears round it all. Frankee's gully switch was well... gully as fuck. SP tearing RAM a new one in the quick mix section was brilliant. Made a good point though, where the fuck was that trucker hat guy that's like, a bit good at this DJ stuff?

Viper seemed very very strong imo, they had so much personality coming through, made it very entertaining. RAM's mixes were great but they lacked the character that made the other Shogun/Viper's mixes so entertaining.

Also hearing the Futurebound mixes has made me hungry for a new Worldwide compilation, the first one was too big not to have a sequel.

Last edited:
drumsound bassline smith mix was sweet! shame metrik had to stop as he was about to play that etherwood bootleg. some of the MCing was a bit bland and pointless tbh, Dynamite was doing well I think and that banter diss as well. at the end they could have said what what round was instead of saying round 3 was won by... I had already sort of forgotten what which round was :D

It was nice to actually see all the label bosses (apart from Ramdrew) getting involved with this, which was better than I thought it would be

SP won the clash though. Never mind bootlegs, remixes and dubs mixed in for 8 seconds. Gunman

Back
Top Bottom