Thoughts on track (WIP)

yeah i think your distorted bass is clashing with your sub... i think the sub is the problem is it mono? sounds like its not... kick is nice however, song is cool like the 2nd drop especially. Listened on ATH-M50 cans.

Yeah I thought the same thing everything under 100 Hz should be mono, I also used m50s to reference. Prob just needs better mix down haha

I dnt know about the 100hz thing music writing to me isnt something that can be learned in a tutorial or by someone elses comments on the matter... i think the more you do it the better you get at figuring out EQ, Compression and any mastering. but i suppose that goes without saying.

The way i like to think about it is just experiment and spend as much time experimenting as possible, sure a tut can give you advice on how to compress your kick better but why not just do things your own way, way i do it anyway, and i havent watched a tut in years i just mess around and see what works ive got my own process and im sure thats how the big hitters make it.

I like to turn other peoples ideas upside down and inside out and see what happens lately ive been playing with compression and i have 6 kicks all diff freq and i compress them over each other heres an example at how clean i made the kick sound...

not amazing but different...

Loving these cans myself i had shure srh840s before and i think AT are better

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom