BPM question

Dark Lizardro

The Lizard that used to have a hammer
VIP Junglist
Hey there, guys!

So, I'm doing a remix of a song from a friend of mine, but I have a question: the original song is at 115BPM. Obviously I'd need to make it fit the BPM range for dnb. So my question is: would it be better to raise the BPM over to the 150-180 range, or lower it to the 75-87 BPM range?

Of course I'm considering the fact that sometimes a slower song will sound shit at a high BPM tempo, and still will sound shit at a slower tempo as well.

raise it to around 170 since im guessing thats the one youre used to. Its all about phrasing, because when sequencing 4 snare hits in a bar just looks weird, gives you a warped view of song progression, which around 85, is suited a lot more to halftime.

just imo, it depends on what youre used to

raise it to around 170 since im guessing thats the one youre used to. Its all about phrasing, because when sequencing 4 snare hits in a bar just looks weird, gives you a warped view of song progression, which around 85, is suited a lot more to halftime.

just imo, it depends on what youre used to

Sorry to clear this up, i'd warp all the original stuff to stay 87 bpm but still run the project at 174 for example. Dont actually write the tune at 87, that would be confusing and dumb as fuck

I think it all comes down I whichever you think sounds the best. Personally, I would always go to the closest BPM as Russia DJ said, so in your case I would time stretch the sample from 115 to 87.5

116 is two thirds of 174
i'd try chopping it at that, depends on the original tune but it's worth checking for some interesting results

Back
Top Bottom