MISTI - BEHEMOTH (FREE DOWNLOAD)

Misti

Keep It Rolling
Hey guys, thought i'd fire this up here for some feedback/criticism as I'm a fairly new producer (Been making dnb for about a year now), and it'd also be nice to attempt to get my name out there also as I'd love to get more involved in the UK drum and bass scene. Anyway, this was recently featured on BBC Radio 1, and is a free download so hope yous enjoy! :)

Cool track but it seems really wide to me. Good job making it on the radio. Why does the radio mix sound better?

Agreed, its too wide. It seems that everything is wide and stereo...
It also remind me a bit of The Prototypes, their stuff like Pale Blue Dot (and some other track, but I forgot the name)
Other than the wideness, it's a real nice track!

Cheers IV4, haha that doesn't sound right, I'd imagine they'd compress it a bit, then it was ripped from that then uploaded back to soundcloud haha.
Do yous have any tips/suggestions as to how to reduce the stereo field of certain parts?

I don't know in what DAW you work, but in FL there is a knob to make the channel strip full stereo or mono.

The low end needs to be mono (subs, low basses, kick, low end of the snare maybe,...)
And the high end can be stereo (pads, high hats, higher synths,..)

Also, don't but reverb or delay on the low end, that also created wideness

And thee last thing I can come up with, panning. Again, don't start with panning stuff in the low end, keep it centered.

Yeah man I know about that but cheers anyway! Think my problem is when I'm not 100% happy with a sound, instead of refining it and making it exactly how I want then dealing with it as a single sound, I end up adding to it and creating extra layers and dynamics which really aren't necessary, mostly just out of laziness and it's a bad habit!

Writing wise, i cant fault it

wicked work on the synths etc

i reckon a 320 of this would probably sound sick if this is a radio rip

Back
Top Bottom