Finally given in to digital.

ms81

So I finally decided to purchase a pioneer cdj 850 to ad to my set up. The main reason I did this was because I was finding it harder and harder to play the sets I wanted to play as lots of the tunes I wanted only came out as digital releases.
I quite liked playing with the cdj when I first got it but I'm struggling to get to the same standard as I can mix on regular turntables. I was wandering if anyone else on here has found the switch to cdj's tricky? I guess it's just a matter of practice and getting a feel for it but strangely adding this cdj has re ignited my passion for vinyl. Maybe I should have switched to traktor or serato instead?
To be honest I love mixing vinyl and don't think anything else can compete. I would buy every tune on vinyl if I could but we all know that's not going to happen.

Sounds like you would have been better off buying Serato or Traktor.
33dedab.jpg

I can't really comment on cdj's as I have little experience using them.

I would recommend traktor because you do get the same feel as you get with vinyl to some extent (also it is the cheaper option but as you said you already have a CDJ). Saying that I got traktor scratch a year and a half ago and only ever use it if I want to spin some jump up. It is good, personally I would say it would be the closest you are going to get to mixing vinyl but ..... it's not vinyl

- - - Updated - - -

also I personally found CDJ's a bitch to mix at first but after spending a good few hours sesh on my mates 850's at a party I did start picking it up

I facking hated CDJs when I first got them, clang central for about a week and I almost gave up using it! But Pioneers are the dons so the quicker you get used to it the better. I relate it to trying to beat match on shitty belt drives after using technics for a year.

but yeh, you should get a DVS in future. You can still ovi use the CDJ with it too so that hasnt been wasted dollar thats for sure

If you use the cdj's enough you will soon forget about vinyl especially when you start saving a small fortune.

Back
Top Bottom