Static on 1210s

ConEP

Soo ive had my 1210s a few months now and when using regular vinyl, there is fair amount of popping to be heard in intros and breakdowns.

Timecode works fine its just regular vinyl, got brand new dj concorde s needles so it isnt those. I have a pretty dusty room for some reason but try and keep things clean, im thinking bad RCAs ? They look super old.

All the vinyl I own is pretty new, I mainly just use DVS so my actual gets very little playing. My carts are just fine done all calibration a few times, using 3g with my concorde and the height is parallel to the record.

Slipmats could probably do with replacing but im sure that wouldnt produce these issues. The strange thing is there is no problems with as soon as I run everything through traktor.

Will be your RCA's mate. happened to me. had them both swapped for 60 quid and problem solved
. if you use timecode it should be worse though. traktor played up massively before I had them changed

That does sound odd then.
Check your carts don't have too much weight applied.

Other than that you could unplug everything and reset them up again. Sounds like a waste of time but this has fixed issues for me in the past. If you figure out what is was let us know.

For instance if I get traktor in thru mode I get considerably less static, which I only think could be the rcas

And yeah strangely my timecode is absolutely fine sounds perfect, might chop up some rcas and do it myself then

And yeah strangely my timecode is absolutely fine sounds perfect, might chop up some rcas and do it myself then
I recommend doing it yourself. I replaced mine about a month ago with help from my mate who had a soldering gun. Took an hour to do and I noticed more clarity in the sound.

Back
Top Bottom