Lagrange Point [Retro Darkcore-ish?]

Laney UK

Hey,

This one went in a retro kinda direction. Amen break, Reese made in Ableton's Operator, bit of hoover and some acid samples. Not a style I usually go for but kinda took on a life of its own, so I went with it.

Still WIP, mixed down on headphones. Any thoughts or comments most welcome.

James

**** EDIT - BETTER MIXED VERSION***

Last edited:
The drums drown out everything... Drums in these tunes can be louder the usual, but this is to extreme.
Also, you don't have a real bass untill 1:50. So the first part seems a bit samey after a while. Maybe that could improve when the drums are toned down.
From what I can hear from it (which isn't to much :p) that reese sounds pretty good

Thanks for the feedback Crizis. Mixing down on headphones is a pain in the arse, it's really hard to tell how the mix is sitting. I've pulled the drums down a fair bit and tried to bring out the reese and give it a little more clarity. Hopefully it sounds a bit better. I've replaced the version at the top of the thread with a (hopefully) better balanced one.

Thanks for the help :)

I like the composition but i'm missing a few more bass. Love that retro ambient given by the amen.

nice amen's beat, but if u want darkside like in "Therapy sss times" (I mean 2005-2007 years) - you need more agression in structure of track, more dynamic!!
but very nice that someone love that style, old darkside style. we have a hope! :)
Good work mate :)

Back
Top Bottom