DJ Blackley How Many in 60 Mins Vol 8

no question the guy has a lot of skill, bringing two tunes in and double dropping them is pretty sick

just mixes a bit too fast for me, theres no flow its just DROP DROP DROP DROP

I watched a video of his and barely saw him touch the pitch. If he really pre pitches then I'm not impressed at all.

It's all about playing good tunes and rolling them out. Not bad/average ones and playing them for only 16 bars. It makes the whole thing feel disposable.

I watched a video of his and barely saw him touch the pitch. If he really pre pitches then I'm not impressed at all.

It's all about playing good tunes and rolling them out. Not bad/average ones and playing them for only 16 bars. It makes the whole thing feel disposable.

isn't most jampap 175 these days anyways? i personally couldnt care how its done, more worried about all those torrented tunes in the tracklist :teeth:

its pretty obvious he pre pitches and probably cuts tune intros to 16 bars too

but even if he does, its still impressive

it says in the description he cuts to 8 bars, and even makes a point on the mic when touching the pitch, although that was about 25 tunes in ha

this x1000, id rather mix on 2 decks and play nice rolling tunes.

Not into this furious style of mixing at all.

Pretty impressive that he can mix that fast, but as the others have said, not into how fast this kind of mixing is.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oops. Sorry Steve. Pressed edit instead of quote... Should be back to your original post now.

----
When you take away the need for any actual dj skill, all you're doing is pressing go.
Fisher price have been making kit to teach this skill to toddlers for decades.

Quality > Quantity.

Drum and bass is a fantasticly diverse genre of music. So why play 6584 tracks in 6 minutes that all whomp fart frazzle and pew-pew?

What's really sad is, this is the stereotype of drum and bass. It's embarrassing.

Last edited:
jesus.

what an awful display of shit.

not what drum n bass is about.

stick to the day done blackey

Does what it says on the tin can, no need to get worked up.

It's not a club set, it's not a mix meant for listening. He's just putting on a show, and post it on Youtube. Was good for a few chuckles, fair play :)

I kept seeing levity at squat raves and it put me off squat raves.

I think he should be on MTV. Levity raves. A chat show on the squat rave scene.

Funny but serious, dealing with stuff. All types from everything from there to here and back over there again but with a life lesson. like a dnb jeremy kyle.

Back
Top Bottom