krk rp8s?

AlienWeapon

I've seen a couple first gen rp8s going for good prices and was wondering if they are worth getting? Price: around £200
Obviously they are used but I was wondering if it would be better to get these over say the new gen Krk rokit5.
Anyway before you say krks suck that's fine but I'm on a budget.

Yeh test them out first. Take a sub harmonic test track and see how they perform.

And yeh fuck all this "Rokits are shit" speak.. If you know your speakers then you can produce on anything

Yeh test them out first. Take a sub harmonic test track and see how they perform.

And yeh fuck all this "Rokits are shit" speak.. If you know your speakers then you can produce on anything

Very true, Il probably get them if they're still there when my money comes. Don't know if rp8 would be an overkill for a home studio/ smallish room though...

^^ i have them as well. I would save for a better more accurate set. Although it's true you can produce on any speakers it's better to have an accurate representation of the true sound.

^^ i have them as well. I would save for a better more accurate set. Although it's true you can produce on any speakers it's better to have an accurate representation of the true sound.

this means nothin unless you treat your room, everyone knows this. I mean, you don't need to but why spend more for a bedroom setup? its not even worth it

I've seen a fair few videos with pro producers using 8" Mackies and Adams in bedroom setups, so those Rokits should be ok. I reckon acoustic foam is a must though at that size.

this means nothin unless you treat your room, everyone knows this. I mean, you don't need to but why spend more for a bedroom setup? its not even worth it
rockits arent even the cheapest option though, and its good to get decent monitors for when the time comes of having enough money/time to put together a proper studio.

The first gen Rokits don't have attenuation controls though. I'm going to get a pair of yamaha's but I'll probably have the low cut at 80hz for most of the time

I've got a pair of Yamaha HS8 and did a straight comparison in the shop and found rokits(3rd gen) too boomy and generally muddier than Yamaha. But they were costing nearly the same.

For 200 it is a no-brainer imho even for first gen.

Btw Sadowick still uses first gen rokits.

Damn, you guys are making me cry! Lol, I've got a pair of the first gen 8's and also a pair of the 5's (although one of the 5's died on me). Those speakers were booming in my town back when they came out. A combo of the price and also some older studio videos of some famous DnB producers using them (dillinja I think was one).

Everyone from bedroom DJ's to bedroom producers in my area had them. I use the 8's now for producing, I wish I had something better, but I don't have the cash for it. My studio room is kinda jankey anyway, so some expensive ones would go to waist ATM anyway. My apartment is old as hell and the rooms have weak walls and strange uneven shapes to them. No 90 degree angles anywear. Plus my studio room has 3 windows in it. Two super small ones that lead into other rooms in the house, and one the leads to the outside. It's hella weird.... It's considered a one bedroom apartment with a "den". The den room is basically the perfect size for a newborn baby or something. Wouldn't work as a bedroom since if you threw a king size bed in there it would all but swollo up the place and you wouldn't be able to move.

Basically what I'm saying is I'm fucked. Although I've been listening to these kinda speakers for years in not only my place, but a lot of friends. So my ears are somewhat used to them. I definitely need to do some room conditioning to make things a litter better. I got the speakers sitting on foam, but not foam on the walls. I could actually use some help from you guys that have the same speakers as to what you've done to make things sound a bit better. I know you can't polish a terd, but I'm sure I can do some rearranging and throw some foam up to help at least.

How far away from the wall are you guys placing them? Also, any tips on foam placement around the room to help? I don't know much about treating a room.... I've read a lot of things in the past, but never really did much of them. They all seemed angled towards someone with cash to drop and proper room to start with.

I need the "ghetto junglist baller on a budget" tips on helping the mess I got sound a bit less... Well, messy.

:: sent from android with tapatalk ::

I have my Rokit 8's for DJing and have them in each corner of the room, they sound good but cant push them as in a flat. use them for the TV too so sound great for films etc

I have my Rokit 8's for DJing and have them in each corner of the room, they sound good but cant push them as in a flat. use them for the TV too so sound great for films etc

How far away from the wall is the back of them? I'm wondering if some foam on the wall behind them would help with the "to bommy" effect they give. I know your not supposed to have them backed up against the wall and all.... Just not sure how close to the wall they can be before getting undesirable effects.

:: sent from android with tapatalk ::

Back
Top Bottom