krk rp8s?

How far away from the wall is the back of them?
Rokits have phase inverters on their front(big hole at the bottom of the panel) so it doesn't really matter.
Yamahas on the other hand have phase inverters on the back and there is quite a huge difference on bass response(but it can be controlled a bit by low-shelf filter switch on the back though).

Rokits have phase inverters on their front(big hole at the bottom of the panel) so it doesn't really matter.
Yamahas on the other hand have phase inverters on the back and there is quite a huge difference on bass response(but it can be controlled a bit by low-shelf filter switch on the back though).

Nice, good to know I can have them closer to the wall (I'm limited on room space as is). Bad to know a little foam won't make them magical sound better, lol. But I kinda expected that since nobody I know with them had foam on the walls behind them... I was just holding out for the slight chance none of them knew something you guys might.

To be honest, I've kinda been looking at getting some open back headphones. The phones would be cheaper than a new pair of good speakers. And I'd still be able to switch between the phones and the speakers I have to try and dial in a tune as best as I could. I know some pros that exclusively use phones for production (current value being one of them I think)... The open backs would give less ear fatigue that closed. But it will probably take some time to get used to the way the headphones sounded.

:: sent from android with tapatalk ::

To be honest, I've kinda been looking at getting some open back headphones. The phones would be cheaper than a new pair of good speakers. And I'd still be able to switch between the phones and the speakers I have to try and dial in a tune as best as I could. I know some pros that exclusively use phones for production (current value being one of them I think)... The open backs would give less ear fatigue that closed. But it will probably take some time to get used to the way the headphones sounded.

Yeah it is generally a good idea to have a pair of good headphones to reference especially bass which response is usually the biggest problem in somewhat not ideal environment. And I have some ear fatigue after using my Sennheiser hd280pro for awhile, but I don't know if it is a general thing with closed phones.

Yeah it is generally a good idea to have a pair of good headphones to reference especially bass which response is usually the biggest problem in somewhat not ideal environment. And I have some ear fatigue after using my Sennheiser hd280pro for awhile, but I don't know if it is a general thing with closed phones.

All the headphones I have now are dj ones. I'm shocked at how cheap the Sennheiser HD-280 PRO's have gotten recently. Seems almost too good to pass up. They used to get rave reviews year ago. I might have to grab a pair, even though I'm looking for some open back mostly.

Back
Top Bottom