Praying Birds

Weird time signatures are just a bit of a gimmick I think. I used to think they were cool, but now i've realised that they're just used by people who are trying to be clever.

Big ups for trying to be different though... :D

Iam not trying to be clever. I like my music the way it is.

Interesting: you come here, ask for people's opinion. and when you get them (and they are not favorable on your approach to music), you just dismiss everything that's been said, and make a bold statement that you like it how it is (therefore assuming you'll wont change at all). What's the point of asking for feedback, then?

Interesting: you come here, ask for people's opinion. and when you get them (and they are not favorable on your approach to music), you just dismiss everything that's been said, and make a bold statement that you like it how it is (therefore assuming you'll wont change at all). What's the point of asking for feedback, then?

Yeah, well, people only told me it would sound like "a mess", its chaos and stuff... I wanted to talk about details (808 drums + amen break) or the general concept of a track. I know that my music might sound like chaos to other people.

808's and amens aren't exactly revolutionary, don't know how much there is to discuss about them..
This tune is a bit free jazz'y for my tastes, and I thought you could have had more different drill phrases and drum edits, strangely enough the tune got a bit predictable after a few couple of bars.
Didn't think it was too bad, to be honest, really weird stuff, but a bit same'y throughout.

I think one thing you're not paying much attention to is structuring your tracks.
Consider having an overall structure (e.g. build-drop-breakdown-drop) you don't have to make it a cliche, but some kind of framework helps a lot.
Also consider the structure at a lower level, like between bars.
Lots of people like the binary structure, make a 1 bar loop, then duplicate it and add a small variation in the second bar, then duplicate that and make a larger variation in bars 3+4, rinse and repeat until you feel the need for a breakdown or have a finished tune.

Analyse structures of tunes you like, then copy bits of them.

You'll get the music in your head into real life eventually if you keep practicing, learning, trying new things etc... we're all doing the same thing here.

Last edited:
I think one thing you're not paying much attention to is structuring your tracks.
Consider having an overall structure (e.g. build-drop-breakdown-drop) you don't have to make it a cliche, but some kind of framework helps a lot.
Also consider the structure at a lower level, like between bars.
Lots of people like the binary structure, make a 1 bar loop, then duplicate it and add a small variation in the second bar, then duplicate that and make a larger variation in bars 3+4, rinse and repeat until you feel the need for a breakdown or have a finished tune.

Analyse structures of tunes you like, then copy bits of them.

You'll get the music in your head into real life eventually if you keep practicing, learning, trying new things etc... we're all doing the same thing here.

Thank you very much for sharing your thoughts.

Back
Top Bottom