Sustayne & Phantom Physics - Nostalgia (Drum & Bass)

Really like this mate. I like the little touches on the intro, the droplet sounds etc. Woahh that bass!! Really nice dark sounding with nice punch to it. Not keen on the twiddly bass bit midway but technically very good and does sit well with the track so thats personal preference i guess. Production quality is very good, far better than what im doing :)

The break at about 4:04 - im loving, very nice.

Overall my only criticism would be that the track feels a little too long but know myself how hard it is to trim elements I like.

Very very good mate :)

Quite like it man, some really great elements in the tune

Drums feeel like the lack some weight here tbh, maybe too much compression
Wasnt keen on the film sample bit, didnt feel like it needed it tbh

Some wicked, basses and reeces in there though, some really growly stuff!

Tighter mix and this could be a banger

Cheers for your response Grindlefly and Zeal, massively appreciate your opinions and critisicism. I do always speak to my mate to calm it on the compression so it's one of the things i've kept in mind for the final edit that needs a bit of a tweak. The quote was from Kenny Powers :P but I'll check it out what it sounds like without it.
Easy people
Feel free to link me to your material to check out, always happy to check out new sound!

Love,
Andy (Sustayne)

Re: Sustayne & Phantom Physics - Nostalgia (Drum & Bass)

Really like this mate. I like the little touches on the intro, the droplet sounds etc. Woahh that bass!! Really nice dark sounding with nice punch to it. Not keen on the twiddly bass bit midway but technically very good and does sit well with the track so thats personal preference i guess. Production quality is very good, far better than what im doing :)

The break at about 4:04 - im loving, very nice.

Overall my only criticism would be that the track feels a little too long but know myself how hard it is to trim elements I like.

Very very good mate :)

Cool man thank you! I appreciate the comment and the comparison but I wouldn't say than any one of us are better than another, were just doing different things and it's always down to preference. so please don't call it something ''far better than what I'm doing' because your material probably has its own character :) Only posted the tune to see what other D&B'ead thought about it (and to hopefully get some criticism but no one has said a bad thing so far...)

- - - Updated - - -

Quite like it man, some really great elements in the tune

Drums feeel like the lack some weight here tbh, maybe too much compression
Wasnt keen on the film sample bit, didnt feel like it needed it tbh

Some wicked, basses and reeces in there though, some really growly stuff!

Tighter mix and this could be a banger

I agree there mate, were going to give the drums a bit more life when we mix it a bit better :D

A little more structure would do this song some justice. I was having a hard time picking up on any kind of flow. The mix is not this best either. I think there are some great ideas in here. They just need some work.

Fair man, thanks for your opinions. I doubt we will change the structure, the track is a journey and we really want to keep it that way. Were going to work on this mix a bit more since this is like a skeleton at the minute. Appreciate the criticism mate, it will encourage us to make it sound nicer.
Easy :)

Lovely tune. There was only one thing that i would change is the synth roll on 1:15 i didnt expect that :D kind made me go "wtf"
But overall i really like the neurotic vibe on the whole thing. Good work.

Back
Top Bottom