DJ HAZARD - BRICKS DONT ROLL EP

Mark Q and Meen time are going to get hammered that's for true.

Got a feeling death sports gunna be big without vocal diarrhea over the top of it.

Glad Bricks Don't Roll and Death Sport are on this, good to see 2 fairly fresh tunes on there... pretty sure neither of them are more than a few months old unless I'm mistaken.

Glad Bricks Don't Roll and Death Sport are on this, good to see 2 fairly fresh tunes on there... pretty sure neither of them are more than a few months old unless I'm mistaken.

Hazard's been playing them for nearly a year, and pretty much every set since Nov!

Large EP though

To be honest i've hardly listened to a hazard set since i last saw him live, so for me, most of these tunes are still really fresh. winner winner.

badman a bonus track hopefully.

Would be cool but I'd be really surprised, pretty sure that one's about 8 year old now.

My guess for the bonus track would be Cherrybomb, quite a few people asking for it on FB and that.

Finally! This better see a vinyl release!

I think we need to get Playaz to do a pre-order vinyl petition like they did with Time Tripping to see if they could get a 200 / 300 EP pressing together, or even all 4 tunes on 1 vinyl at 33 rpm would be better than no pressing

Mark Q has the same bass patten as mr happy? or is it jus me?

It has a similar beat pattern to Tactix and Busta Move. Not sure on the bass pattern though

The high end bit on Mark Q before the drop reminds me of the first bit of the intro on the Dr Who theme

Nice name that - Mark :teeth:

as far as jump up goes nobody really can hold a candle to hazard

This ^^^

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn't they just repress "Never The Same"? I mean it was sold out and now it's on the new releases page again, so I guess that means there's demand, right?

I think we need to get Playaz to do a pre-order vinyl petition like they did with Time Tripping to see if they could get a 200 / 300 EP pressing together, or even all 4 tunes on 1 vinyl at 33 rpm would be better than no pressing
erm, no. A 12" with the most voted top 2 tunes would be the most realistic and sellable idea for this. I'm not sure how many of you guys are playing out these 4-track 33rpm vinyl releases but they are quieter, which normally catches you out after you drop them (especially if you are just throwing tunes into the mix and don't have the time to EQ them in your headphones) and are not the same to mix at all. Plus if you like to put your tunes in key, you have to choose one tune per side to put in your order anyway so having 2 tunes is of no benefit.

From all the EP's I have seen lately on a single 12", I could have easily picked 2 tunes to be on a 12" that would have been just as strong. The Fourfit EP's, the Goliath EP, Critical Systems, The 'U' EP, the flip to the Thrillseekers EP, etc.

erm, no. A 12" with the most voted top 2 tunes would be the most realistic and sellable idea for this. I'm not sure how many of you guys are playing out these 4-track 33rpm vinyl releases but they are quieter, which normally catches you out after you drop them (especially if you are just throwing tunes into the mix and don't have the time to EQ them in your headphones) and are not the same to mix at all. Plus if you like to put your tunes in key, you have to choose one tune per side to put in your order anyway so having 2 tunes is of no benefit.

From all the EP's I have seen lately on a single 12", I could have easily picked 2 tunes to be on a 12" that would have been just as strong. The Fourfit EP's, the Goliath EP, Critical Systems, The 'U' EP, the flip to the Thrillseekers EP, etc.

I agree that a 12" with 1 tune per side sounds better than most EP's cut to a 12" with 2 tunes per side, but companies can get the pressing the same level as a single sometimes.

The Matchsticks EP I have sounds loud and crisp and I dont have to fiddle about with the levels. Same on the Absys plate that has Marching Cube on it. Sounds find + Marching Cube and the Es.Tereo tune on that side are both cut at 45 rpm, so it can be done.

If tune levels are catching you out on the drop of those quieter EP's cut to a 12", get used to mixing them and find out where the levels should be.

On topic, I would vote for Bricks Don't Roll / Meet Time on the 12" if a single pressing was an option

ok i have changed my mind about Bricks Dont Roll, liking that a lot. The rest aint doin it for me though

Back
Top Bottom