First track with pro monitors.

IV4

DnBF Sheriff
VIP Junglist
I'm feeling really insecure about this because I finally got monitors and I mixed the track on them. I have been producing on my computer speakers so long I am use to them.
Any way, the sub is a reece bass and the top layer is thor. The samples come from the luthron sample pack and I think(I hope) this song is funky. Please give me any and all details of the mix.
Your Friend IV4

Sounds pretty good on my 30€ stereo system! Can't really complain at all! Maybe the sub could be sliiiightly more dominant but thats just personal preference.

Sounds pretty good on my 30€ stereo system! Can't really complain at all! Maybe the sub could be sliiiightly more dominant but thats just personal preference.
Thank you for the feed back!
I know on the frequency analyzer the sub is quite the predominate force of the track. On the monitors the high end sounded dull and the bass sounded way to loud. I just adjusted some eqing that still sounds right on all my speakers but the highs should be more clear and have better stereo space. I believe it will take me awhile to figure out these speakers.

Last edited:
Hey man, first of all I want to say this is a cool tune! I'm digging the vibe and the drop was awesome. If I had to add my input on the mix, it all pretty much works for this tune, but I'd have to agree, maybe just a bit more sub. I hope I don't sound redundant but cool tune regardless.
Also, I would love if you give me feedback on my track that I posted in this forum!

this is sounding decent man, the high end is really quite piercing though, i'd tone that down a bit.

groove is wicked, some sick sounds.

yeah bring the horn down, maybe get a slight verb on it too, it's really bright and upfront in the mix

sounds like you could cut a bit of weight out of a few of the perc loops too, free up some space

dig the tune as a whole man, fun vibes

Last edited:
Thank you guys!!!!
I was afraid this would be the case. The high end is too loud.

Im listening on Audio tech cans... and everything is fine on them but i know thats not the best for monitoring audio, still the thing about this track is the actual track... me and you are miles apart from the style we produce... but i loved the intro loads for its downtempo/minimal elements and for it just to blend in with the dnb drums and reece was surprising well done pulling that off man.

Ill have to check this luthron sample pack i like a lot of the sounds here, although im not so keen on the horn i think a nice warm pad would be better but hey opinions are like arseholes aww cunts got wan ;D.

Top notch though man!

Totally sick track mate! Love the downtempo breaks and your drop is very nice imo. Will be playing this a few times im sure :)

Groooooovie! Nice one mate, really like the feel of the track! Would agree with some people regarding the horn's emphasis in the mix but other than that, sounds good mate!

sick man
that horn is a bit too loud and sound hi hats are aswell

bass is sick
really like those womps reminds me of nosher baron remix

have to say though the mixdown you did on jungle was better
if you got this tune to that standard it would be really good

Like the ideas in this track. The bass sounds like some 2003 Ram Trilogy Huggy Bear type bass. The horns are way too loud in the mix. Drums sound crisp but the hi hats are little too over bearing. Maybe a bit of compression on the drum bus to gel it all together a bit.

Back
Top Bottom