@ Logic 9 and X users

Instinkt

What version of Logic and what version of OSX you running these days? How's it working out for you??

I have 9 and X on Mavericks and it runs like a massive pile of donkey turd most days!

System spec.
Mac Pro Quad 2.6ghz
16GB Ram
60GB SSD for OSX + Software
1TB for Audio + other shit

Anybody else getting this stupid GUI lag once the project gets going a bit?? Sometimes I can't click anything for like a 40-50 seconds when the projects playing :confused:

I think i'm going to roll back to 9.1.8 and Snow Leopard 10.6.8 - apparently this is rock solid! Anyone doing this currently?

Last edited:
What computer is it? The intel based towers are the best for logic. I have a 17 macbook pro laptop and if I have vlc and other shit running I cant use logic. But it does run very smooth with a lot of plugins

4gb ram and 2.5 I5 10.6.8

Do they both run shite or just X?

I have an early 2012 MBP , i7 2.4GHz, 16GB RAM, LPX - Runs fucking sweet for me.

I have L9 and LX on both of my machines and have projects & samples piped in via Thunderbolt RAID:
Late 2013 Retina i7 2.3GHz 16GB RAM
Late 2012 i7 2.0GHz 16GB RAM

Both run smoothly under Mavericks. There was a nasty issue with Logic's Channel EQ affecting the GUI of the main interface, but that was corrected at the last update. The only plugin that ever gives me a problem is DIVA, and that's because she's a bloody whore with regards to CPU when using Divine mode.

I don't have any plans on updating too quickly too Yosemite, despite lots of impressive features. I tend to wait about 3 months or so for all the kinks to be worked out and for plugin developers to utilize the new SDKs as needed.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom