***SirReal - The Grey Dawn Mix*** IVY LAB-LENZMAN-EVESON-DUB PHIZIX-PAUL T

SirReal

VIP Junglist
https://soundcloud.com/sirreal/the-grey-dawn-mix

The first of many mixes I will be dropping this summer. First up sees a more deeper, rolling sound I have been feeling at the moment but with constant nods towards musicality thrown in.

Nookie – Rebounded (Paul SG Remix)
Malaky – No Time
SubFocus – Close (Ivy Lab Remix)
Command Strange – Rock Steady (Lenzman Remix)
Paul-T & Ed Oberon – Touch
Eveson & Halogenix – A Dystopian Romance
Dub Phizix – The Clock Ticks
Paul-T & Ed Oberon – I Think About You
Actraiser – Altima
Ivy Lab – Baby Grey
BCee – No Doubt
John B & MC Fats – Drop That Rhythm
Actraiser – A Long Way From Home
Furney – Jah Jah Say
Eveson & Halogenix – Grey Dawn

Really nice mix here mang. Overall it flowed really nice and it was god to hear the traks play for a while. I get to caught up in double drops i think....need to do some mixes like this. Favorite part was Rock Steady/Touch/A Dystopian Romance....can't wait for that Eveson Halogenix to drop...this month i think right?

EZ

Really nice mix here mang. Overall it flowed really nice and it was god to hear the traks play for a while. I get to caught up in double drops i think....need to do some mixes like this. Favorite part was Rock Steady/Touch/A Dystopian Romance....can't wait for that Eveson Halogenix to drop...this month i think right?

EZ

It's out digitally now

amazing mix man, just gave this a listen and loved it from start to finish, track list and transitions were on point, favourite bit for me had to be Paul-T & Ed Oberon – Touch > Eveson & Halogenix – A Dystopian Romance > Dub Phizix – The Clock Ticks > Paul-T & Ed Oberon – I Think About You, great selection and really nice flow between the tracks, big up mate this one is definitely be getting a download

I know I've said this before, but I almost get frustrated when listening to your mixes because they're actually, unbelievably, perfect.

You top yourself every time, man, and I don't know how you do it. The flow on this was simply next level. Opening tracks had me bouncing along and the bringing in of the Close Remix was just so subtle and perfect and made me sing right along. I've been toying with both the Paul T and Oberon track AND the new Eveson, in particular A Dystopian Romance, almost guaranteed to have an essential spot in my next one. Fantastic tune. The emotional strength of this whole section is really strong, got me really feeling a close connection to the mix.

Going from A Dystopian Romance to Clock Ticks was just... can't describe it, man. Phenomenal doesn't even cut it. The EQ was spot-on, giving both the adequate amount of attention they deserve, and when that second drop of Clock Ticks was about to hit with the ticktocks I nearly fucking lost it. Unbelievably mixed. Rewound right there on that double on the first playthrough and I NEVER do that to a mix, man, ever. Cannot praise it enough.

Big fan of Baby Grey, aren't you? Can't say I blame you, when it came in I sort-of smiled to myself and nodded in appreciation. Fit really well in there and made the worktime commute better for me. I feel like Jah Jah Say wasn't a great fit, but that's only because the rhythm you had established already was so good. I know you needed something to lead into Grey Dawn, so in that respect I can totally understand. Outro worked wonders, man.

Simply the best in the liquid game, man, nobody even comes close. If you enjoy liquid or if you're just a DJ, you download this mix now and learn from it.

I know I've said this before, but I almost get frustrated when listening to your mixes because they're actually, unbelievably, perfect.

You top yourself every time, man, and I don't know how you do it. The flow on this was simply next level. Opening tracks had me bouncing along and the bringing in of the Close Remix was just so subtle and perfect and made me sing right along. I've been toying with both the Paul T and Oberon track AND the new Eveson, in particular A Dystopian Romance, almost guaranteed to have an essential spot in my next one. Fantastic tune. The emotional strength of this whole section is really strong, got me really feeling a close connection to the mix.

Going from A Dystopian Romance to Clock Ticks was just... can't describe it, man. Phenomenal doesn't even cut it. The EQ was spot-on, giving both the adequate amount of attention they deserve, and when that second drop of Clock Ticks was about to hit with the ticktocks I nearly fucking lost it. Unbelievably mixed. Rewound right there on that double on the first playthrough and I NEVER do that to a mix, man, ever. Cannot praise it enough.

Big fan of Baby Grey, aren't you? Can't say I blame you, when it came in I sort-of smiled to myself and nodded in appreciation. Fit really well in there and made the worktime commute better for me. I feel like Jah Jah Say wasn't a great fit, but that's only because the rhythm you had established already was so good. I know you needed something to lead into Grey Dawn, so in that respect I can totally understand. Outro worked wonders, man.

Simply the best in the liquid game, man, nobody even comes close. If you enjoy liquid or if you're just a DJ, you download this mix now and learn from it.

Nice one HAB, always appreciate your detailed feedback. Spot on with the Baby Grey bit just roles so nicely and then adds a bit of controlled aggresson with that growlling sound.

Additionally correct with the Furney track, I like it but I felt at the time it didn't quite fit but couldn't find anything else suitable.

Back
Top Bottom