What deck should i buy?

Busted

Im tottaly new into mixing & im looking for some good and relative cheap deck.
I've found an American Audio Flex 100 for 250euro. Is this a good deck or not?
500euro absolute max.

- - - Updated - - -

Or cdj800mki + djm250

I agree to go with pioneers if you going down the CDJ route, if u wanna go vinyl I would recommend 2 x Stanton T.62 and a behringer NOX303 mixer, pretty much how I started but I had a Numark M2 mixer which was very basic

You only need one Busted just make sure you put it somewhere high up.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you want good quality, go pioneer mate. In this market it's worth investing good equipment... And pioneer have a very good reputation.

I got a pair of cdj 350's and an xone 23 allen heath mixer. This package, but i upgraded the mixer.

http://www.getinthemix.com/dj-equipment/cd-packages_1/pioneer-cdj350-silver-djm250-black-package.htm

I paid a deposit of about £100. And the difference in price for the upgraded mixer. And im paying back £40 a month for the next 3 years with some interest 24.9% APR (So for a £1159 mixer and speakers package thats something like £300 interest you pay.). You can obviously shop around and find a decent second hand option, and i definately recommend this if you got the money there and then.

But quality is paramount imo.

Hopefully ive given another option about buying decks though.Buying decks and taking up turntablism is an expensive hobby. You gotta buy blank cd's, buy and build up your record collection (Expensive if you go for vinyl), and it get more expensive if you start searching for rare tracks.(Heard dom & roland got a loan from his bank manager by showing the guy his tracks he was producing, and he a built a studio with it) He talks about it in this interview:

)

If you dont have the money to outright buy a decent pay of decks then theres always the pay monthly finance option, depending on your circumstances. But theres pro's and cons obviously.

Last edited:
only advice: do not purchase MK5s - they have a notorious pitch drift issue (typically as a result of diode 301 blowing out) and finding someone that 1) knows about the problem and can 2) repair it properly has been an ongoing issue for me since 2015.

Don't sleep on Denon stuff. They are not as club standard at Pioneer, but they are VERY worthy of your investment.

I have my old Technics that I've had for decades. Still running but wanted a standalone digital dj setup.

I ended up going with the Prime 4 by Denon. I can mix using all 4 channels on the mixer from usb on the Pioneer XZ you can only use two channels from a usb source, or all 4 if you hook it up to a computer.

I'm not bothered by having a club standard mixer. If you are you may want to go with the Pioneer, but also give a look into Denon's offerings.

Just an FYI.

As for turntables, I dunno. Maybe Stanton... MAYBE! Or buy some quality Technics. Also Rane has some good stuff.

It's ok saying Stantons but if you are buying turntables today you want something special. No offence but nobody says wow those are some cool Stantons or Denons because deep down they are all just 1210 rip offs anyway.

So I ask A or B ?

A.

https://www.technics.com/uk/products/dj-series/direct-drive-turntable-system-sl-1210mk7.html

but..

B.

https://www.pioneerdj.com/en-gb/product/turntable/plx-1000/black/overview/

I did think about buying a second hand 1210 mk2 but a machine that old, no matter how much its been services. No thanks.

I did think about buying a second hand 1210 mk2 but a machine that old, no matter how much its been services. No thanks.

MK2's are tanks and in my opinion, the preferred choice. Sure, you can't buy brand new ones, but you can get good condition ones and even some with some excessive wear. A professional service/repair technician can make them (regardless of condition) function as new. The cost of such service/repair will depend on what needs doing. All parts are still readily available.

MK2's are tanks and in my opinion, the preferred choice. Sure, you can't buy brand new ones, but you can get good condition ones and even some with some excessive wear. A professional service/repair technician can make them (regardless of condition) function as new. The cost of such service/repair will depend on what needs doing. All parts are still readily available.

Funny story not too long ago a music shop near me had virtually a brand new one that had been stored in the shop for years. They only wanted £500 for it aswel but I didnt have the money at the time. It was all boxed with the sticker still over the start button. Truly gutted i didnt get it.

I've decided to get a new one. Basically A or B. Right now I'm sold on B if I'm honest

So you want the pioneer? They look good, but earlier said you don't want other branded decks because they are technics rip offs?

Back
Top Bottom