Secret download link sites ... Anyone know of any

Dubsta

VIP Junglist
hey guys, is there a site where i can upload a sample pack/samples to, then send the download link to someone which only works once ie, no one else can use the same link twice.

So i could in theory, send a link to this sample pack, then once downloaded, it wont work again, stopping this person from giving the link out?

cheers in advance.

just send them a link and tell them there's a time limit and you are going to take it down in the next 15 mins or whatever. But if you give them the files what is stopping them re-uploading those files to another file sharing site and sharing it around....

^ this. Once someone has the files there's nothing stopping them re-upping them. makes the whole secret link thing sorta pointless

I don't know of any such websites but I agree with Vanden - just pretend the link expires, hope that they fall for it, and hope that they don't distribute the actual files.

there's various code floating about to do it, e.g. http://cloud.joshpangell.com/singleuse
But if i were you i'd just upload the file to my own server, (or dropbox if you don't have a server), send them the link then simply delete it or change the filename once they've downloaded it or after 30 minutes or whatever.
I did once do something cute with a script that added a random number to the filename every 24 hours so the file was always available for you to give out to people but the receiving user could only exploit it for a day. Fucked if i can remember how i did it though. hth.

Back
Top Bottom