ST Holdings ceasing trading from

That would imply Surus goes as well wouldn't it?

- - - Updated - - -

For week commencing 21st July their website states they only have 1 release.

Somebody fucked up somewhere with this whole surus losing labels thing. 90% of my purchases were distributed by st!

Told by my colleague starting as a new distribution company. Seems so but why shut that side down?

Sounds like they're skint

Liquidate company, have debts written off,
Start new company
????????
Bleach

There's something major in the background with this lot. There must be. Labels jumping ship for fun.... and now this?

tbf, the only labels i bought off surus (exit and dispatch) have their own stores which are very good and reasonably priced so this isnt too bad a thing

i've just had a look at the company accounts for both Surus Limited (05499443) and S.T. Holdings Limited (00983546) and they both appear financially viable. No CCJs, administration or liquidation orders which makes me think that, (if this rumour turns out to be true), this is a business decision to close instead of a company which is being forced to close due to financial problems.

Told by my colleague starting as a new distribution company. Seems so but why shut that side down?

If this is the case, it could be that Surus won't be known as Surus anyone. New website, new look, new everything and possibly (as I suspect) No more working with D&B labels. Techno and House only.

Plus, what jungle fever said as well, makes even more sense.

Kasra -
As I'm sure a lot of you have read our distributor, ST Holdings will be closing their doors at the end of the month.
They've been vital in getting Critical Music where it is today and for that we will always be grateful.
I want to assure our fans that our commitment to vinyl will continue and that we have in place everything we need to to keep doing what we do best.
Release date for our next label EP to come very soon and there will also be a brand new Critical Store , with a fresh range of merchandise and exclusives.
Thanks to everyone for your continued support
Keep it Critical
xox

From Kasra's FB:

As I'm sure a lot of you have read our distributor, ST Holdings will be closing their doors at the end of the month.

They've been vital in getting Critical Music where it is today and for that we will always be grateful.

I want to assure our fans that our commitment to vinyl will continue and that we have in place everything we need to to keep doing what we do best.

Release date for our next label EP to come very soon and there will also be a brand new Critical Store , with a fresh range of merchandise and exclusives.

Keep it Critical
xox

So it is happening.

Keep it Critical
xox

from kasra's fackbook

What a shame. First Chemical, now Surus.

Surus just had tech issues which is why it was down.

They've never implied the closure is down to bankruptcy like Chemical. From what I can gather it's a decision made by ST themselves rather than a forced situation.

It seems strange to me but I don't know the reasons behind it.

Back
Top Bottom