Old raver, vinyl junkie and wannabe producer

Laney UK

Hi all,

After browsing these forums for a fair while I decided it was finally time to say hello.

I'm an old raver, long time vinyl junkie, DJ and a video game designer in real life. I've Been messing about with electronic music production since the days of the Atari ST and akai s900.
I love and collect all types of music but am especially fond of Jungle, DnB and IDM and have been collecting them on vinyl since the beginning of the 90's.

After decades of buying vinyl I've finally started making tunes of my own and wanted some to get feedback from like-minded folks. The wife just doesn't cut it for critical feedback. Too much critique, not enough feedback...

Anyhows, I have a few things to post up in the talent forum though truth be told, the word talent makes me kind of nervous. Maybe you should have a "hoping to develop some talent one day" forum too?

Cheers

James

Hi all,

After browsing these forums for a fair while I decided it was finally time to say hello.

I'm an old raver, long time vinyl junkie, DJ and a video game designer in real life. I've Been messing about with electronic music production since the days of the Atari ST and akai s900.
I love and collect all types of music but am especially fond of Jungle, DnB and IDM and have been collecting them on vinyl since the beginning of the 90's.

After decades of buying vinyl I've finally started making tunes of my own and wanted some to get feedback from like-minded folks. The wife just doesn't cut it for critical feedback. Too much critique, not enough feedback...

Anyhows, I have a few things to post up in the talent forum though truth be told, the word talent makes me kind of nervous. Maybe you should have a "hoping to develop some talent one day" forum too?

Cheers

James

Welcome to the forum!

One thing I learned is: wives are not good to make criticism on your music. Mine just says: "Oh, it's nice! Better than the last one", but she doesn't even remember the last one.

Oh yeah dude totally. I had one girl, didn't give a fuck about my music. Hated her for it, I'm sure thats what ultimately drove us apart.

Then I had this other girl totally supported my music. Didn't listen to a word she said. Clearly this girl is fking daft, I would think to myself.

Welcome James! Get to waffle, get involved!

Back
Top Bottom